Thread: Mithridatic Wars

Default Mithridatic Wars

You guys are doing Mithridatic Wars campaign and I only just noticed it on the website! Half a month later! https://divideetimperamod.com/mithridatic-wars-teaser/

Any chances to get a bit more info on the campaign?

Default Re: Mithridatic Wars

The map and factions seems really cool. I presume red is Marius while blue being Sulla. Mithridates is easy to recognize however

We will have more information and a public beta soon(ish). Yes those are the three factions, it takes place during Sulla's march on Italy in between the First and Second Mithridatic Wars. Those are the three playable factions.

Those characters are Young Marius, Sulla, Mithridates. Other historical characters will also make appearances.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

wonderful historical scenario btw

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    We will have more information and a public beta soon(ish). Yes those are the three factions, it takes place during Sulla's march on Italy in between the First and Second Mithridatic Wars. Those are the three playable factions.

Those characters are Young Marius, Sulla, Mithridates. Other historical characters will also make appearances.
    Cannot wait for the release! Amazing work as always.

One comment though. Shouldn't the 2 Northern towns of Illyricum be independent by this time? Rome didn't conquer Dalmatia and the interior until later.

It would be fun to have rivalry and struggle with the Dalmatae and Dardani.

"The Romans fought three Illyrian Wars (229 BC, 219/8 BC and 168 BC) mainly against the kingdom of the Ardiaei to the south of the region. In 168 BC, they abolished this kingdom and divided it into three republics.[1] The area became a Roman protectorate. The central and northern area of the region engaged in piracy and raided north-eastern Italy. In response, Octavian (who later became the emperor Augustus) conducted a series of campaigns in Illyricum (35–33 BC).[2][3] The area became the Roman senatorial province of Illyricum probably in 27 BC."

Perhaps the city of Epidamnus/Dyrrachium should be changed to Scodra since the location fits the latter.
    Last edited by Nikron; January 03, 2023 at 08:46 AM.

Will There be other playable factions?
    For Example Cimbri, Numidia and Armenia?

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Nice! What DLC will this be based on?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

None, its new campaign that does not need any DLC. It has its own slot in campaign selection menu.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    None, its new campaign that does not need any DLC. It has its own slot in campaign selection menu.
    Very cool. Are you making any changes to Pontus roster?

Yes I was curious about the Pontus roster as well. Also is there any chance that Sertorius will be a playable faction?

Eager to hear more details for sure. But I guess it will be very difficult to at least poison Mithridates, might even be 100% failure change in that action

Hi KAM, are you guys able to create new entries at will or do you have to replace an exisiting campaign? If so, I fear for Empire Divided. I know it's DeI's red headed stepchild, and I understand why. But seeing it dissapear from the menu will make it official and sadly definitive.

I wonder how many DeI players actually played ED. I know I haven't and probably never will . I love the setting and the campaign intrigues me, but I love DeI more.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

It does not replace any campaign, it has additional slot.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

It does not replace any campaign, it has additional slot.
    Damn I had that Pontus meme ready to go, too.

Just kidding, thanks for the information!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Impressive modding and I agree, this sounds like a great historical scenario.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I'm playing this campaign as Eupator. Funny enough, it goes somehow historically. I've been trying to conquer Caucasus (beating Kartli) or Syria (finishing Seleukids) but before I could pull it off, I was attacked by Bithynia. I've managed to defeat the invading armies, and then I sieged Nikomedia. However, before I could do it, Sullani have declared war on me. Then Legion VIII arrived to Asia...

Is there a submod to make the smaller factions playable? I really love to start small and buildup against the bigger empires.