Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by nicsoew View Post
    Well I will try that but Broken Crescent have far more units and factions....

Btw. Thnx for reply
    That probably has to do with scripts MOS uses that require units you don't always see in the game. Proximusj' units take up different slots from their 'normal' counterparts, the Osgilliath ferry takes up a slot, etc.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Thnx again, now Im getting it. I thought Im going crazy I was trying to add unit for almost an hour

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by nicsoew View Post
    Thnx again, now Im getting it. I thought Im going crazy I was trying to add unit for almost an hour
    Well, as Mike said, there are 4 unit slots still not used in MOS, so you should be able to add 4 more units. These scripts should absolutely not be your problem.
    Maybe the name of the unit you want to add, is already in use? Or maybe one of the files you try to edit needs to be edited with Notepad++ instead of regular notepad. Just thinking aloud here.
    Edit: in the previous post, I was just explaining why Broken Crescent probably has more units, not why your attemts don't work
    Last edited by Greymane; November 18, 2014 at 07:45 AM.

Hello!

Playing with the Dunlanders, I have realized that when activating units in the Battle map, the voice files are amiss. This is an usual thing happening to added custom units, and isn't really that important, but I nevertheless wanted to ask if there is an easy way to add generic speech to these units.

For example:

When clicking the General's Bodyguard, you hear the voice "General's Bodyguard!"
    Archers: "Archers!"
    etc.

I have seen that Dale has even custom sound files.

Is this an easy edit in descr_units ? Or does this involve more complex modding. Help much appreciated.

My Home is my Castle.

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    It looks like EK is very busy with RL currently.

So, I will try to answer this although I don't use Steam myself for MTW2.
    You are copying the contents of the Third_Age_3 folder, so it stands to reason that they should be pasted/merged to the "Steam" Third_Age_3 folder. I think that is what EK has instructed. If you are afraid to mess up, you can always make a backup of the folder you are going to use.

EK has not yet updated his guide to include the bugfixers install. Use the 3 in 1 version (easiest), it should be installed to your "Third_Age_3" folder also.
    End with the Cleaner.bat and you should be good to go.

Thank you kind sir, i´ts just that it is a tad confusing. Thank you, I will give it a go.
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    Well, as Mike said, there are 4 unit slots still not used in MOS, so you should be able to add 4 more units. These scripts should absolutely not be your problem.
    Maybe the name of the unit you want to add, is already in use? Or maybe one of the files you try to edit needs to be edited with Notepad++ instead of regular notepad. Just thinking aloud here.
    Edit: in the previous post, I was just explaining why Broken Crescent probably has more units, not why your attemts don't work
    I was able to add units when I removed some?!
    I removed Dol Amroth ballista, catapult and trebuchet (Gondor already has those units so I think these are not needed). I will see if I can add 5 more units cos now I should have 5 slots free.
    btw. Game is great with MOS I play on vh and I turned on all "bad things/scripts/mods" so its kinda hard but fun

btw. I edit with notepad2 or edit+

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Will we be seeing some Hobbit inspired sexy Bearded fellows being added into the game? I assume it wont be long till we get to see units from the Hobbit for the Dwarves, Esgaroth and OOG, i really think orcs of gundabad will make the game very interesting. Will siege units be modified at all for factions like Isenguard and dwarves (Isenguard ballista, Dwarf ballista, Dale windlance,) in the future? I'd like to thank the developers and im aware the mod has stopped for a while because of the lead coders condition, i wish him a quick recovery and I cannot describe my life before this unbelievably gorgeous mod. Well done all of you crafty creative buggers!

I'm playing MOS 1.6.2. with (among others) Early Invasions script - from what I've read in scripts readme, it should cause Sauron to return on turn 30 - thing is, it's already turn 34 in my campaign and the Dark Lord is nowhere to be seen. Could he be delayed even with script being active?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by SupplyWagon View Post
    I'm playing MOS 1.6.2. with (among others) Early Invasions script - from what I've read in scripts readme, it should cause Sauron to return on turn 30 - thing is, it's already turn 34 in my campaign and the Dark Lord is nowhere to be seen. Could he be delayed even with script being active?
    It mean that the pope/Sauron appear at turn 30, not the unit, if that's what you wonder.

If you do mean the pope, which you'll only know playing an evil faction, it may be so that the 12t/y delay the script

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    It mean that the pope/Sauron appear at turn 30, not the unit, if that's what you wonder.

If you do mean the pope, which you'll only know playing an evil faction, it may be so that the 12t/y delay the script
    Yes, I meant the pope, not the unit. So unless I'm an evil faction, I don't get any notification of his return? This would explain a lot.

I don't know why, but I was under impression that his appearance will trigger some warning, along the lines of "Tremble, mortals, and despair - for the Dark Lord has returned!"

Help please! I asked for help earlier on this thread (page 192) and have not had an answer! I was hoping someone would tell me how to change the Heavy Silvan elves back to their vanilla armour from their silver armour? I know you have taken a lot of your time re-skinning these and they do look awesome, but I have been looking for days trying to change it to vanilla? Can anyone offer any help?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by samweir61 View Post
    Help please! I asked for help earlier on this thread (page 192) and have not had an answer! I was hoping someone would tell me how to change the Heavy Silvan elves back to their vanilla armour from their silver armour? I know you have taken a lot of your time re-skinning these and they do look awesome, but I have been looking for days trying to change it to vanilla? Can anyone offer any help?
    The re-skinning was done by dIRECTOR who also provided a patch to switch between silver and gold. If you go back one page you can see my answer to your question which may be of use to you.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Yes, I meant the pope, not the unit. So unless I'm an evil faction, I don't get any notification of his return? This would explain a lot.
    Then there's your answer

I don't know why, but I was under impression that his appearance will trigger some warning, along the lines of "Tremble, mortals, and despair - for the Dark Lord has returned!"
    No, just as in TATW the good faction's first clue is when an Invasion decend upon you or some fellow faction

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    The re-skinning was done by dIRECTOR who also provided a patch to switch between silver and gold. If you go back one page you can see my answer to your question which may be of use to you.
    Thank you! Although is this just for the High Elves??

Also can anyone please pass me the export_descr_unit file of TATW 3.2 MOS 1.62?? I had a tinker around and accidentally deleted it..... school boy error!

I am playing for the first time MOS with Free Peoples of Eriador, so what guide do you guys recommend me to follow? I am mostly looking for a guide about the RPG missions. For example I was told that Aragorn moved to Bree to find about the trouble stirring in the land. Next I am told that he must go find Gollum to some location I can't remember.

Any solutions?

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by samweir61 View Post
    Thank you! Although is this just for the High Elves??

Also can anyone please pass me the export_descr_unit file of TATW 3.2 MOS 1.62?? I had a tinker around and accidentally deleted it..... school boy error!
    This one?

export_descr_unit.txt
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

Quote Originally Posted by Konig91 View Post
    I am playing for the first time MOS with Free Peoples of Eriador, so what guide do you guys recommend me to follow? I am mostly looking for a guide about the RPG missions. For example I was told that Aragorn moved to Bree to find about the trouble stirring in the land. Next I am told that he must go find Gollum to some location I can't remember.

Any solutions?
    Here is the MOS script descriptions, stop reading when you get to the Reunited Kingdom stuff.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; March 16, 2015 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladvak View Post
    Brilliant! Thank you!!

Also is the yellow elves patch just for the High Elves? What about the Galadrhim elves?

Got another problem, I built the House of Kings and reunited Arnor in my current campaign, but I cannot recruit Annuminas Knights or dismounted Dunedain Knights, their cards arent visible at all in recruitment. Do I need higher level barracks/stables to unlock them? Im at turn 140 or so, so Im well past the barracks event.