Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by nicsoew View Post
    Why Am I unable to add new unit to MOS (CTDs)? Btw. I made 2 mods for myself for Vanilla (new units, buildings enhacements, general stats enhacements) and I know how to add new units but with MOS, most basic way does not work (just editing export descr units). Why is that?
    MOS hit the limit for units. If you wish to add one, you will have to delete another one. Better make sure you backup before doing anything like that.

Another thing. I also changed descr_regions so all units of all factions have: legio: "name". But again in MOS this does not work. Why? I started cleaner again but still nothing. All those changes did work in Vanilla but in mos nothing that I try to add/change does not work. I do not have CTD in tihs case I just don't have legionary names for my units.
    I think this is a question for the modding workshop, though someone might be able to tell you the reason here.

One more thing, I wanna mod siege death toll, where can I change that? Thnx in advance.
    Definitely a question for the modding workshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Thnx for reply but regarding legionary names that works fine with Vanilla. I did that in vanilla TATW but in MOS...nope, does not work.
    Regading sieges I already asked there also but asked here too as from my experience with MOS, nothing that I change is working (in vanilla changes are working just fine).

Thnx once more for reply

I just checked the number of units for MOS 1.62, and there are 496 slots in the edu currently in use. To add units does take some effort much trial and error and a great many 'Time Outs', in order not to destroy ones computer. I would recommend spending much time in the tutorials section and start with this one: How to add an existing unit to another faction. I would also recommend doing one unit at a time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unknown Unit.jpg   Before.jpg   After.jpg   EB II Bosporan.jpg   EB II Sparta.jpg  

EB II Bosporan VCs.jpg   EB II Pergamon.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; February 06, 2015 at 09:39 AM.

Hey, I started a Free People of Eriador campaign with the goal of reuniting Arnor. I started with gaining an alliance with Gondor and I got a message that I had fulfilled an objective for reuniting the kingdom. And now recently I conquered all required territories, however I have not recieved a message that an objective was fulfilled. Is that working as intended or has something gone wrong?

You still have to build the House of Kings in Annúminas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pergamon Basileus 2.jpg   Pergamon Basileus.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; February 10, 2015 at 09:04 AM.

Very odd installation bug...Reloaded TATW fresh and did MOS 1.6.2 and bug fixes. Everything loads fine, yet when I attempt to play a nation is kicks me back to the previous screen. Any help? Thanks...just updated from 4.1 so I really would love to try the best TATW mod out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    I just checked the number of units for MOS 1.62, and there are 496 slots in the edu currently in use. To add units does take some effort much trial and error and a great many 'Time Outs', in order not to destroy ones computer. I would recommend spending much time in the tutorials section and start with this one: How to add an existing unit to another faction. I would also recommend doing one unit at a time.
    Yes, I know there are free slots, just look at Broken Crescent, One faction has more units than entire TATW MOS

1. I made 2 mods for myself already and added many units to Vanilla TATW and I know how to do that
    2. I can and know how to add and MAKE NEW UNITS in Vanilla TATW, Stainless Steel and Borken Crescent and Vanilla MTW 2.
    3. There is problem-something with TATW MOS that just don't let me add new units.

I can't even do simplest thing, copy paste EDU unit and just change name - works in all other MTW 2 mods and Vanilla except in MOS.

Btw. thnx for the effort

Quote Originally Posted by Xmecial View Post
    Very odd installation bug...Reloaded TATW fresh and did MOS 1.6.2 and bug fixes. Everything loads fine, yet when I attempt to play a nation is kicks me back to the previous screen. Any help? Thanks...just updated from 4.1 so I really would love to try the best TATW mod out there.
    Run the cleaner, delete maps.rwm, id that does not help, reinstall tatw and mos.

Thanks, completely forgot about deleting the maps.rwm file which fixed it. Haven't been playing MOS in a long time and I am coming back. Love it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello!

I realized that Rovanion Mercenaries (Spearmen, Javeliners and mounted Raiders) have no upkeep cost. Is this a bug? I don't even know if this is linked to this mod, since I haven't played "vanilla" TATW for more than a year.

My Home is my Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by mailor View Post
    Hello!

I realized that Rovanion Mercenaries (Spearmen, Javeliners and mounted Raiders) have no upkeep cost. Is this a bug? I don't even know if this is linked to this mod, since I haven't played "vanilla" TATW for more than a year.
    It is not a bug, it is part of Ngugi's mercenary submod.

Oh thanks for clearing that up for me!

My Home is my Castle.

Hi there,

Sorry for being 'that' guy, but I was hoping someone would tell me how to change the Heavy Silvan elves back to their vanilla armour from their silver armour? I know you have taken a lot of your time re-skinning these and they do look awesome, but I have been looking for days trying to change it to vanilla? Can anyone offer any help?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by samweir61 View Post
    Hi there,

Sorry for being 'that' guy, but I was hoping someone would tell me how to change the Heavy Silvan elves back to their vanilla armour from their silver armour? I know you have taken a lot of your time re-skinning these and they do look awesome, but I have been looking for days trying to change it to vanilla? Can anyone offer any help?
    Well talk about deja vu, but it is true that you didn't get an answer to your previous post about this.

Here is a LINK to a post by me where you can download dIRECTOR's "new yellow elves patch". Download it and install it to the "Third_Age_3" folder of you MOS install. It will let you swich between silver and golden elves and vice versa.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

I´m sorry, I have asked this question in the thread that Elvenkind made, here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ures-!-)/page9 mine is the last post. Anyhow, using Steam I want to know regarding the installation of MOS, do I have to paste the contents of the ".....mods/Third_Age_3" folder into : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods" OR INTO "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3"? Any help will be much appreciated, I reckon it may be a silly question, but I don´t want to mess up. Thanks.
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

Does anyone know why can't I add new units to TATW MOS?

One more thing: it is close to impossible to set on fire ram or tower + units cannot destroy ram.

Does anyone know why can't I add new units to TATW MOS?
    I think that MOS is close or at the unit limit (500 units), if there are to many units the game will not work.

Try to remove some units to make room.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    I´m sorry, I have asked this question in the thread that Elvenkind made, here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ures-!-)/page9 mine is the last post. Anyhow, using Steam I want to know regarding the installation of MOS, do I have to paste the contents of the ".....mods/Third_Age_3" folder into : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods" OR INTO "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3"? Any help will be much appreciated, I reckon it may be a silly question, but I don´t want to mess up. Thanks.
    It looks like EK is very busy with RL currently.

So, I will try to answer this although I don't use Steam myself for MTW2.
    You are copying the contents of the Third_Age_3 folder, so it stands to reason that they should be pasted/merged to the "Steam" Third_Age_3 folder. I think that is what EK has instructed. If you are afraid to mess up, you can always make a backup of the folder you are going to use.

EK has not yet updated his guide to include the bugfixers install. Use the 3 in 1 version (easiest), it should be installed to your "Third_Age_3" folder also.
    End with the Cleaner.bat and you should be good to go.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Well I will try that but Broken Crescent have far more units and factions....

Btw. Thnx for reply