Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bug report

Default Re: Bug report

I haven't found how to use the spoiler thingy.
    The report is complete although on the default, according to your cfg file (error, not trace), I reloaded to obtain a new log (with the trace setting), but then the computer guy arrived with my new machine !
    I am now reinstalling everything on the new beast and I'll let you know if I have trouble again.
    It was on turn 4 (or 5, not sure) with the English defending against the Scots, cheeky buggers who think they have a claim on Edinburgh.
    Thank you for the mod and the trouble you take to help us players.
    Last edited by Eothese; March 24, 2009 at 07:16 AM.

OK, only reason I suspected the error log may have been incomplete is because of the difference between the time on the last entry and the one before it, a good hour and a half. Maybe such a long idle time or such was to blame... The Apachean stuff is normal either way.

[ spoiler ]

[ / spoiler ]

Without the spaces gives you the spoiler tags. Have fun.

Default The game wont start

I installed both parts of the mod and did the copy and paste of the display files, however when I click the shortcuts (the one in desktop, start menu, etc.) nothing happens. The modded game simply wont start (a black window appears briefly and closes by itself). I'm sure I have the Kimgdoms patched since I play other mods. Could someone help?

thanks in advance

The shortcuts will only work if you have both the game and the mod installed in the default path. C:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War\mods\expanded_americas2

If this is not the case you can try the .bat file in the expanded_americas folder, if this works you can simply create a new shortcut by right clicking this file and selecting Create Shortcut.

If not you will have to change the text in the .bat file to match your install path. Right click the .bat and select edit. Make sure the text matches the folder name you have installed into.

Thanks! The problem was actually the place I had put the mod
    Playing now with the Apaches

Strategos Alexandros's Avatar Centenarius

Spain and Portugal have an English general showed up on my campaign map.

First person to spot that! I cant remember if I fixed that with the 2.1 patch or not. If not next version will be ready soon, Norway will be back plus the Inca's and some AI tweaks.

i doubt you probably still even look at this thread anymore but ill try anyway......
    i am the byzantium empire attacking the capital of the turks i don't remember the name but anyway every time i try to go and play the battle myself it crashes, this wouldn't be a problem but i lose everytime i do the battle automaticly because we are almost equal in strength i was wondering if you know how to fix this

also right now i am going to download the greek flame canon and 2.1 so that might fix it
    "your life is yours alone.Rise up and live it."-Richard Rhal

#ROTW
    I check all the threads in here quite regular. I haven't had this problem myself, nor has it been brought to my attention before. I can only suggest that you try and attack the city from another tile, or wait the garrison out. If you have to put the greek flame canon and 2.1 patch on, you will more than likely not be able to continue your saved games. Version 3.0 is close to completion now, so if you have any more problems keep an eye out in this sub-forum.

i downloaded 2.1 andi guess i will just start a new campaign because i was only like 16 truns in or something like that. i willl also be looking forward to version 3 and am glad your working on it for us who till play medieval 2 and haven't completly switched over to empire
    "your life is yours alone.Rise up and live it."-Richard Rhal

Thread Closed.
    Version 3.0 released.
    In the unlikely event of a real bug in version 3.0, please feel free to open a new thread.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234