Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: How does this game compare to R:TW?

ljuboja's Avatar Civis

Default Re: How does this game compare to R:TW?

i play rtw and fourth age (mod) a lot, but i have no trouble switching back to mtw, i find its rustic polish very appealing, the only thing i find hard is i constantly press the enter key and end turn on mtw accidently, i like mtw more than rtw, but i like the fourth age(mod) better than mtw
    Bad luck Jerry, third time lucky, eh?

With the VI expansion, RTW doesn't even compare. I give RTW a 4 and VI a 10. I personally never saw that the graphics were what I would call that improved, unless you like to stay zoomed in. The graphics from a high level I much prefer in VI. But this is all just one man's opinion.

Put me down as a VI supporter.

Elzabar's Avatar Krazy Kiwi

MTW.

Now its **** xD We have M2TW now! What a old thread! Like 4 years old.. :OO
    Yeah, not even M2TW compares to MTW.... and with P&M and NTW as mods, you can control your empire from the beginning of the Medieval ages 'til the end of the Napoleonic era. Now if only they could be added together to make an epic campaign.

nah we need truly epic, late bronze age to the Industrial age, that would be epic, but prolly alot more work than its worth, but sure would be fun, but the only way to do it, would be to limit alot of things such as pop growth to be realistc of the period ect to limit your ability to expand and conquer. Also make corruption rampant with more than 2 cities for the first 1000 years as was very true but its prolly just to much hassle, but thats why we have Civilization anyway, if only i could fight my own battles id be in heaven

Elzabar's Avatar Krazy Kiwi

Or even better, a caveman age til the end of WWI, or beginning of WWII. Since we're thinking unrealistically now, I figured I might as well add my input

Quote Originally Posted by Trobalov View Post
    MTW may be of worse quality but I surely have it in my heart with a better grade than RTW.
    I'd agree. And the same with Shogun.

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

I don't have much experience playing Medieval 1, but after looking at the units for each faction, I'd say it looks a bit more balanced than R:TW. However, I prefer R:TW because of its theme of Antiquity.

Both are excellent games though.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Svensksoldat View Post
    I'd agree. And the same with Shogun.
    In fact, here's my ranking of the TW games:
    1. ETW- Because it will be set around my favorite time period and will include Sverige and Prussia of course! Plus you'll have many new and improved features since Kingdoms' release, much better graphics, and much better gameplay. I am confident that it shall not be the failure that was RTW.
    2. STW- Because it is a simple and fun game
    3. MTW- Same as Shogun, though it is rated lower because it is not set in the Sengoku Jidai and they failed to properly represent the Medieval era.
    4. M2TW- It's alright, only its too easy compared to MTW and STW (Terrible AI)
    5. RTW- It is worse than M2TW because they were transitioning from the old engine to the new one, only they lacked experience with the new engine. By the time M2TW was out, they had learned from their mistakes. In my opinion, RTW was, is, and always will be the worst TW game ever.

i think MTW feels more epic then the rest
    i have never played a game more then i played MTW and MTW wasn't even my first total war game

my first total war game was RTW and i thought it was the best game ever
    but when i tried MTW i played 20 hours every day for a week compared to 10hours a day with RTW and i like the roman time frame more then the medieval time frame

but when you add mods RTW ends up being better then M2TW
    i havent played MTW with a mod i think i will try that tomorrow
    Last edited by TOLAROscipii; August 23, 2008 at 07:08 AM.
    uanime5's Eras total conquest
    a Medieval 2 total war kingdoms mod
    featuring 10 campaigns covering the entire world
    each include different factions, faction start positions, and levels of technology
    Download>Link1 Link2 Link3 Link4 Link5

Unfortunately I can't give a reasonable comaprison of Shogun and Medieval1 to Rome and Medieval 2.
    Reason being that while i can install and run shogun and medieval, they crash when i try to play the campaign.
    However, I do like rome better than medieval 2.
    Not because of the era it was set in, but because, imo, the gameplay is better(at least on my computer, i'd have to get some upgrades to run M2 at max performance).
    As for M2, IDK if its just me, but I hate it when i charge a group of elite knights into some militia spearmen, then watch as my knights get slaughtered. The units also don't attack very vigourously, especially musketmen and other foot troops armed with guns. Camel and elephant gunners are pretty cool though, some of my favorites.
    In the end, I think RTW should be the benchmark from which to judge the other TW games, be they better or worse.

If you mention on the graphics , of couse RTW is the winner . Shogun TW was released in 2000, MTW was released in 2002 , RTW was released in 2005 . 5 years - lots of improments .

In Total War Eras:
    STW I don't like it because it is too simple , there are 3 types of troops only.
    MTW is the best edition. Graphics is not too bad . Gameplay is good especically in battles.
    RTW : I think this edition is a improved one of 2 earliers but not properly improve ...

M2:TW haven't play yet
    ETW Is it release yet ?
    Last edited by archmonde11; October 03, 2008 at 11:12 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567