Thread: Battles freeze mid-game

Icon5 Battles freeze mid-game

Hello!

I have this weird issue, where in the last 2 days, battles just freeze mid game and only alt+tabbing seems to work, but just for a short time. Game just stops, I can move the cursor, can press "escape", and the battle music stops, as the game seemingly acknowledges that I've pressed escape, but the battle itself has frozen.

I'm on Windows 11, AMD 6950XT GPU. Game was working great up until yesterday. There was a decently sized Windows update yesterday though, before the bug started happening, so could it be this?

Default Re: Battles freeze mid-game

Quote Originally Posted by DimitarFCBM View Post
    Hello!

I have this weird issue, where in the last 2 days, battles just freeze mid game and only alt+tabbing seems to work, but just for a short time. Game just stops, I can move the cursor, can press "escape", and the battle music stops, as the game seemingly acknowledges that I've pressed escape, but the battle itself has frozen.

I'm on Windows 11, AMD 6950XT GPU. Game was working great up until yesterday. There was a decently sized Windows update yesterday though, before the bug started happening, so could it be this?
    EDIT: It also does it in Menus. Just happened. What is going wrong...

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Try some compatibility settings and install the legacy DirectX SDK. Applying LAA to the executable file(s) might help as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Try some compatibility settings and install the legacy DirectX SDK. Applying LAA to the executable file(s) might help as well.
    LAA has always been applied. The problem started 2 days ago and I remember there was a decently sized Windows Update, prior to that, the game worked flawlessly. It could, of course, be unrelated to the Windows Update of course, but I've seen other people have the same issue years ago. Today I applied the Direct SDK thing, tested a huge 7,000 men battle on a mod, didn't get anything, but we'll see for the future. I also use Free Cam, which I also used normally so far, but could that be an issue now?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Can't recall FreeCam causing issues, just crossing fingers that the SDK installation solved the problem.