Thread: No flash all units button?

Default No flash all units button?

Hello, This mod has been a lot of fun but with all of the tiny units (miniblins, shadow insects, ect) it can get difficult to see where and who exactly the enemy is. Is there a reason why Neph has disabled the flash all units button? Thanks!

Default Re: No flash all units button?

I, too, would like this option. It makes it much more easy to see where enemies are massed in a battle in order to outmaneuver them.
    Also, it makes night battles much more fun when individuals can be located.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

I pretty much live with the units flashing constantly in other mods/vanilla. It always throws me a curveball when I remember I can't instantly know where my line is thinest, but I assume Neph has his reasons.

Besides, I mainly roll with Ordona these days, and they don't depend as much on line troops and battles of attrition
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Kinda wish there was the flash units button for fighting fairies. They are so tiny I can't see them at all on the battlefield unless I zoom close up

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

I did not even know there was a flash all button in M2 in the 7 years since I've owned the game. I'll enable it if I can figure out how.

It is where the Faction insignia circle is on the bottom right of the hub (using full battle UI and not the miniman UI). If you press that circle it flashes your units in green and the enemy in red. I hope you can get it in the game! Thanks Neph!

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by lax15 View Post
    It is where the Faction insignia circle is on the bottom right of the hub (using full battle UI and not the miniman UI). If you press that circle it flashes your units in green and the enemy in red. I hope you can get it in the game! Thanks Neph!
    I've only ever played with minimal UI so I guess that's why I never noticed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XllN9EECu6U
    Here's a demonstration. The button for it is in the center of the battle icons on the bottom right when using the normal ui. It is used at 17:49
    Last edited by Encablossa; July 08, 2013 at 10:20 PM.

I would like this also, playing as the Gohma and trying to fight rebels is just insane, you cant see your troops or theirs without zooming like all the way in.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Disabling the friend\foe\allies flash in battle (the faction symbol at the bottom right of the UI) is usually caused by disabling the green arrow markers under the unit. This is done by a mod's CFg file entry. Unfortunately a mod's CFG change is written to the main game's CFG file and hence will remain in place long after the mod has been uninstalled.

Editing the main game's CFG file requires it to be set to 'read-only' afterward as the manual entry will get reversed by the game. Read-only will prevent any changes made via options to be saved, totally not cool.

Simple solution: install and run my small Bare Geomod mod setup once: it has a CFG file entry to reset that value. The value\entry in question:

disable_arrow_markers = 0

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

I do recall that in 2021 that Hyrule: Total War (Classic Ultimate) didn't have functioning scripts due to the .cfg-file, but when I replaced the .cfg-file with an older one (and I mean the Medieval 2 .cfg-file - not the Hyrule .cfg-file) in the main Medieval 2 folder the scripts started to function again.

So for some reason the main .cfg-file affected the campaigns scripts as they simply wouldn't happen with the wrong one, and instead the mod would crash in 2 or 3 turns.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Most likely a mod had a faulty CFG file entry that was then transferred to the main CFG file. The main reason why one shouldn't put fancy entries into a mod's CFG file.