Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medieval.exe missing

Default Re: Medieval.exe missing

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    It's medieval2.exe and you rename it to kingdoms.exe

medieval2.exe is the only game executable (it's merged with kingdoms.exe) in the Steam version, a renaming of it and starting the mod via it's desktop shortcut usually works.
    This will not work if you have the disk version - here you need to install at least one of the kingdom campaign expansions and then the renaming is not required.

The game executable(s) can be found in the root directory of the game, the name of the directory depends on your installation but usually has 'total war' in it's name.

Gigantus please can you help me! I installed and tried to play 'The last kingdom mod v3.06 (final official version)' again and got crash freeze , when trying to fight first battle.

I have steam version.

I read the solution in moddb comments, is to rename medieval.exe to kingdoms.exe or vice versa? the problem is, I think I already did this before last time and am now confused which .exe is which , I cant find my backup folder and dont want to re-install the whole game all over again just for the two .exe's!

Please could you upload on moddb or here the original mtw2.exe and kingdoms.exe so I can fix this issue?

(or do i have to use 4gb patch again on any of the exe's?? to fix it?)

Thank you!!
    Last edited by ArcadeGames; May 03, 2023 at 10:04 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Medieval.exe missing

If the mod starts then you are fine where the exe is concerned. While the idea was to make a copy of the original medieval2 file and rename it to kingdoms you can simply reverse the process.

The 4GB (LAA) 'patch' does help with performances and using compatibility settings may help with freezes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12