Thread: Pre Researched Techs in FotS and RotS. PFM Question

Default Pre Researched Techs in FotS and RotS. PFM Question

Pretty simple:

I wish to implement this to a very light extent in the Sengoku Campaign. (eg chosokabe starting with way of the bow, uesugi with esscence of spirit, etc)

In vanilla RotS and FotS, different factions start with different techs already researched. However, I can't find where this is stored in the pack file manager, if it is stored at all. I tried under the "technologies", "factions" and "campaign" keys to no avail.

Any help? Thanks!

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Pre Researched Techs in FotS and RotS. PFM Question

You have to edit the various factions in the ESF.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Thank you very much. I'll look into it.

For anyone gooling this in the future, I found guides related to modding startpos.esf on Empire TW and Rome 2 TW, but not on Shogun 2.

However, it seems that the method is the same.
    So, you have to go to campaign --> select the campaign you want (gempei/shogun for sengoku jidai) ---> startpos ---> campaign env. Then look under world and factions array, select the faction, and then look into the Researched techs. You can find examples of how it's done by looking at pre researched techs for RotS clans.

You basically have to list all the technologies you want pre researched by name, separated by space.