Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1631323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Mod Pack for EB 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by literaldehyde View Post
    Hi Jirisys if you're still around:

Do you know if there's an ExUIM export_units.txt for the phalanx mod reduplication floating around out there? If not do you know if there's a way to remove the phalanx mod reduplication after this mega mod pack has been installed? ExUIM is more important to me than the phalanx mod and I know the changes it makes to the EDU are different from the ExUIM EU. If these options aren't possible then I guess I'll have to edit the ExUIM export_units.txt myself to reflect the phalanx mod. Do you know what units the phalanx mod changes in the EDU so I can use the ExUIM EU as a template to make the process faster?
    I wanted to make this, but I never did. I didn't edit the ExUIM data for the phalanx mod I dont think, and I dont have the exact list of units altered, sorry. I should get to doing that.

I will fix the links today for the downloads.

~Jirisys ()
    Signature
    Because we all need to compensate...

SimpleCourage47's Avatar Ducenarius

Hi, currently installed Alexander version of this mod pack (on steam) but game is ctd when i try to start a campaign with any faction. Doesn't actually load just makes the 'dum' sound when you click start then crashes. what's the likely cause? As i'm not sure what is causing it or where to start looking? I've applied ctd fixes and have previously had EB 1.2 running via Alexander on steam as normal.

Regards

Simple
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming.

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Hi, SimpleCourage mate,

I have EB on Alexander on Steam as well, and I can start a campaign fine. Do you have any other mods installed? Maybe try validating your Alexander Steam installation with Steam.
    Let me know if that works.

~Jirisys ()
    Signature

SimpleCourage47's Avatar Ducenarius

Thank you Jirisys, says 7 files failed so i'll try a clean install from scratch see if it's something I've missed somewhere on my end.

Cheers

Simple
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming.

Got this installed and working like a charm. Thanks to all who contributed to this remarkable mod pack.

I have problem with installation of this modpack. When I started .exe file I have this comunicate: "This file contains invalid data". does anybody had the same problem? I use steam version aleksander and windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by krolu View Post
    I have problem with installation of this modpack. When I started .exe file I have this comunicate: "This file contains invalid data". does anybody had the same problem? I use steam version aleksander and windows 10.
    Sounds like an installation issue, or possibly a corrupted download. Some things you could try:

-Redownloading and reinstalling over a *clean* version of EB 1.2. Also, make sure this is in your "Alexander" folder.
    -Verifying the integrity of your Steam Alexander files.
    -Making sure you have your Steam library (containing Alexander) installed *outside* of Program Files. (This can be done quite easily by navigating to Steam "properties/local files/move install folder".)
    -Double checking that your .exe target is correct.

I also run this on Steam Alexander -- so I know it can work! Hang in there, and good luck.

[QUOTE=Cyprian2;15967978]Sounds like an installation issue, or possibly a corrupted download. Some things you could try:

-Redownloading and reinstalling over a *clean* version of EB 1.2. Also, make sure this is in your "Alexander" folder.
    -Verifying the integrity of your Steam Alexander files.
    -Making sure you have your Steam library (containing Alexander) installed *outside* of Program Files. (This can be done quite easily by navigating to Steam "properties/local files/move install folder".)
    I reinstalled my steam out of program files (new path is c/:steam), but still have this communicate like in attachment.
    Does anyone have working link with this submod?

Sorry for posa after post but I can't edit it. After I start submod exe I still have communicate: "This file contains invalid data". Probably my file is corrupted, maybe somebody have some fresh link with working file?

Hi krolu.

I downloaded this just a couple weeks ago, and have it working great on my machine. Have you tried redownloading it? Maybe something went wrong with your original download...

A couple more thoughts:

Make sure you are running the installer as *administrator.*

Also, there is a CTD patch to add afterwards, so make sure you have that as well.

Finally, here is a link to download the same installer and CTD patch that I have. I have verified that it works on my system.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pi66ly...lation.7z/file

Good luck. Installing these older games/mods on newer systems can be quite frustrating, but it's worth it in the end.
    Last edited by Cyprian2; November 23, 2020 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Added link

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    Hi, SimpleCourage mate,

I have EB on Alexander on Steam as well, and I can start a campaign fine. Do you have any other mods installed? Maybe try validating your Alexander Steam installation with Steam.
    Let me know if that works.

~Jirisys ()
    Hello, Jirisys,

I don't know if you're still around (although it looks that way considering your last message) it seems I've encountered some issues installing your modpack.

I've got a clean installation of Rome Total War and Rome: Total War - Alexander in my Windows 10 PC. Both of them are the Steam version. I did a clean installation too of EB, starting from 1.1, then 1.2 and then the fixes. However, I installed EB in my Alexander folder, since it's the version I'm intending to use. I've also installed the improved ExTSO 1.1 Build 3 as well.

Everything seemed to be OK and started to run just as normal and I got the splash screen and everything. But then, I got an error message saying there was a missing line in the export_descr_unit and it was one of the Roma Surrectum legions. Then it crashed back to desktop.

Did I do something wrong?

I think it would be a great idea that you post some installation instructions, please.

Hello. I've downloaded this mod pack but the shortcut for it doesn't work. It's just a blank shortcut and when i try the EB shortcut it just starts vanilla EB. Any ideas how to get this working? The instruction in the read me are kind of hard to follow. Thanks.

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanArcher View Post
    Hello. I've downloaded this mod pack but the shortcut for it doesn't work. It's just a blank shortcut and when i try the EB shortcut it just starts vanilla EB. Any ideas how to get this working? The instruction in the read me are kind of hard to follow. Thanks.
    This should not happen. There must have been an issue during installation. May I see what's inside your EB mod folder?

~Jirisys ()
    Signature

Forgive me, what would be the best way to show you what's in my folder? my print screen button has not worked for a long time.

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Haha. No worries. You can just list the folders. But you can also use the Windows Snipping Tool.

~Jirisys ()
    Signature

Ok great i'll use the snipping tool. Would you like me to send it in a private message so as to not clutter up this thread?

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Sure thing.

~Jirisys ()
    Signature

I have the same issue as Aaron, I installed in this order: 1.1, 1.2, 1.2 fixes, then the Mega mod pack and the ExTSO. Trying to launch the game I get an error saying something about Legio I Germanica.

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Well he never PMd me the screenshots. Also, that error haunts my nightmares. I never remember why it happens. Are you by any chance trying to use the Alexander engine with ExTSO?

~Jirisys ()
    Signature

Yes, I selected ALX in the Trivial Script. I also tried to manually create an ALX shortcut but I get the same error.