Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rome 2 Expansion incoming??

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

Default Rome 2 Expansion incoming??

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/update...rical-releases

We can say it’s for one of our slightly older games though?[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Maya: Yes, and the first time we’ve gone back to a game so long after release. That in itself is very new territory and something we’re keen to explore as a studio, because it opens up lots of exciting future projects if it’s successful.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]There’s a lot of people still playing this particular game, but there’s also lot more we haven’t even touched in that era yet, some really incredible stories and events that defined history.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]What are you looking forward to most about the release?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Maya:[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588235294118)] Well of course we want players to get a big kick out of the new expansion, but I think seeing people’s reaction to the big free update we’re making to the main game at the same time will be really interesting. It’s great to be able to go back and look at a whole area of the game and make some changes.[/COLOR]
    It makes sense for this to be Rome 2, 'so long after', would not really fit Attila in my opinion... let's hope! Also interested in this 'free update' to the main game?
    Previously taylorj2, Allu X, Grandmaster Ryu, Dauntless Commandant & Sensei Kiisu

Creator of the "Perfectly Polished" sub-mod for Stainless Steel (M2:TW), contributing to LOTR:TW (R:TW) and many other modifications over time, now long-forgotten

Original join date, Feb 2007.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Rome 2 Expansion incoming??

Maya: Well of course we want players to get a big kick out of the new expansion, but I think seeing people’s reaction to the big free update we’re making to the main game at the same time will be really interesting. It’s great to be able to go back and look at a whole area of the game and make some changes.

What does she mean by free update? Is it my English or skepticism?

]Jack: It’s a period and place I’ve wanted to make a game about for years, so yes I’m excited. As I came from the community as a modder originally, I know there’s going to be some hardcore fans out there who will like what we’re doing. And then enjoy pulling it apart and modding it…

If it focuses on Britain, then I wonder if there will really be that many hardcore fans.

Nevertheless, finally some news. Hopefully we get to see some screenshots, trailers, or more info.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Maya work definitely on a expansion for Rome II. The free update will make some changes to a whole part of the game (" look at a whole area of the game and make some changes ").

I would bet Alexander.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Good catch Nikron! I missed that part about free update. I read it as "we are adding new campaign + we are doing update for main game" so we can see some bug fixes maybe some new features...I would say something along lines of Emperor Edition update?
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Nice to know the main game is getting an update. Hope it makes some UI and graphic improvements and fixes. Also fix some of the typos in the code.

One thing that makes me worried is the mods that could be broken once the update goes live. Maybe they could make it optional.

Please update that horrid political system.

Mods will be broken but mods will be fixed I'm sure. Glad to see they are working on a new patch. I don't know about mechanics let's wait and see.

One thing I would like is to have that political screen fixed eg when you do an action such as promote a general it takes you out of the screen and then you have to go back to the politics screen if doing repeated actions it's a pain. Can we also have some link between that general and when he is on the map. Not mad keen on them importing Attillas features though reversable ships would be nice.

"That in itself is very new territory and something we’re keen to explore as a studio, because it opens up lots of exciting future projects if it’s successful."
    +
    '...there’s also lot more we haven’t even touched in that era yet, some really incredible stories and events that defined history.'

So reading inbetween the lines in theory if this is successful it might also mean more than the one extra campaign for Rome 2 and not just for additional games possibly?

Thankfully we are not getting historical or ahistorical loot crates... well not in this decade
    Last edited by herne_the _hunter; November 01, 2017 at 02:58 PM.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Rome II has been getting frequent SteamDB updates, alongside a new DLC entry in the DB, so I am 100% sure it's going to be for Rome II!

Interested in seeing what this DLC is going to tackle.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatiRex View Post
    Rome II has been getting frequent SteamDB updates, alongside a new DLC entry in the DB, so I am 100% sure it's going to be for Rome II!

Interested in seeing what this DLC is going to tackle.
    Do you have a link for that?

Maybe Alexander campaign, but it was done with Rome 1 so maybe something entirely different.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

I Hope it is a Germania War Expansion with germanicus ect.

I Hope they make a Free Update for the Horrible Political Area, or they Add the Attila Politic Features to Rome

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

I've read a lot of good suggestions the last few months, but my favourites are probably either Crisis of the Third Century or Brennus.

But I'll be happy with whatever we get... aslong as it's not "Wrath of Sparta 2: The Wrathening" as I could never get on with that campaign.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I'd be happy with the Crisis of the Third Century or Brennus, as well. I sometimes wonder if a DLC focused on African and Arab nations would be good, too. (I imagine that they would be challenging to play, if a major power started invading their territory. Of course, they might be able to use 'hit and run' tactics and desert attrition against an invader.)

I wonder what people would like to be different about the political system. Of course, a detailed discussion of the political situation might be more appropriate on another thread. The more I play Rome II, the more I see the political system as a clever balancing mechanism. It's tempting to keep sending the same army into battle, with my best general and strongest available units. Such an army would become very powerful through the army traditions system. However, because of the eventual risk of Civil War, if I did that then I could be creating an army which I would have to fight. (I could assign generals from my faction's ruling family to command this elite army, but there's always the risk that a rival family will assassinate the general and that only generals from rival families will be available to take command.)

Default Rome 2 Expansion Theories & News

Tomorrow at 3PM GMT, they will be hopefully announcing what the Expansion is.

I am expecting it to be something about the Germanic Wars or Crisis of the 3rd Century.

What do you guys think it could be?

MarkusAntonius's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Rome 2 Expansion Theories & News

It's Obvious it's Alexander. the only thing missing in that game. it's before Hannibal and after Wrath of Sparta. i just hope by a miracle in which they will create a new interface and family tree like in Attila. and besides they announced it will be standalone like the first Alexander.
    Last edited by MarkusAntonius; November 07, 2017 at 08:49 PM.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Rome 2 Expansion Theories & News

CA put there a quote:
    Is this the end of the Empire? Or just the beginning…
    So two possibilities:

1) End of Persian Empire / end of Alexander´s one and Diadochi wars

2) 2-3 century crisis - Something like that with Arminius vs Germanicus or Zenobia vs Aurelian vs Tetricus

However our only clue is the picture of "germanic" warrior..almost like viking style. Which would point to second option probably...yeah the Cherusci symbol could be another hint.

Last edited by Daruwind; November 07, 2017 at 09:01 PM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex