Thread: Help plz lol

Default Help plz lol

It's been bugging me for such a long time but can anyone tell me the name of the design on the shield of the byzantine infantry in MTW. It looks like a cross with an extra line below it

Evariste's Avatar We are one, we are many

Default Re: Help plz lol

Maybe one of the guys over at the Medieval/Shogun forum can help you out?
    Last edited by Evariste; November 21, 2006 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Promised
    It's been bugging me for such a long time but can anyone tell me the name of the design on the shield of the byzantine infantry in MTW. It looks like a cross with an extra line below it
    hell if i know lol. maybe one of the other total war guys can answer this. Though not alot of people look at the medieval/shogun thread anymore so it might take a while to get this answered.

Nutsack's Avatar Primicerius

Isn't that the cross of the Orthodox church? Which has 2 horizontal lines instead of only one as of the Catholic church?

Quote Originally Posted by Nutsack View Post
    Isn't that the cross of the Orthodox church? Which has 2 horizontal lines instead of only one as of the Catholic church?
    Yes it is. The bysantine empire was the home of the orthodox church until its conquest by the turks in the 16th century(or maybe 17th). Kinda like Vatician City is for roman catholics.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

It's a weird, incorrect version of the Orthodox Cross. This is what the real Orthodox Cross looks like:

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Quote Originally Posted by supaguruzeb View Post
    Yes it is. The bysantine empire was the home of the orthodox church until its conquest by the turks in the 16th century(or maybe 17th). Kinda like Vatician City is for roman catholics.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Wulf's Avatar Lurks

Looks like a crooked version of the Orthodox cross, which features the diagonal line as symbol of the men (thieves?) crucified besides Jesus, of which one believed in him (and went to Heaven: up) and one who didn't (and went to Hell: down).

And, err -- the veritable head, or at least most important clergyman, of modern Eastern Orthodox Christianity, still lives in Constantinople, now Istanbul. In fact, the Western prime patriarch, the Pope, is about to meet with him.