Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940414243444560 ... LastLast

Thread: BullGod Unit Icons Project v.0.48 (updated 6/Apr/2014)

Default Re: BullGod Unit Icons Project (v.0.28)

Update.
    Second part of Greek Cavalry. Melee and Skirmisher cavalry.

I'm not sure about light cavalry shield. Wouldn't a lighter, wooden one be better? Like the one Tarantine cav. has f. ex.?

My plans for next updates are as follows:
    - redo Roman cavalry and fix Greeks if there's anything amiss, plus making new ballista.
    - Eastern units group - mostly to fill gaps in those roosters where Greek and Eastern units are mixed together.
    - Carthage?

Link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/iz...bined_v029.zip

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: BullGod Unit Icons Project (v.0.29)

Road map's looking good. The Greek Light Cavalry is based off Duncan Head's figure #50; the source he drew from (terracotta plaques found in Campania) are believed to either represent Seleukid light/skirmisher style cavalry, or Tarantine mercenaries (probably least likely). The shield is valid
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

I get unreasonably excited when a new update is up!

I'm not sure about its historicity but for a light cavalry unit I reckon a spear and a hoplon must be nightmarishly unwieldy (accidental pun). So I'd say a light one has more sense if nothing else... I do however like the light cav shield design better than the citizen cav one, which looks untypically greek in my opinion...
    The aspis companion cav looks badass btw, now I reaaally wish the regular companion cav had the leopard skin as well, I think the poses are distinct enough to differentiate the two.

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Glad to hear you'll be filling in the gaps of the Greek/Eastern overlaps, it's been annoying when my units have the vanilla UI Any chance you'll do the Arabians next? Maybe before Carthage, i only suggest it because they seem to have a relatively small number of units compared to others which also has overlaps with mercenaries afaik.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Carthage! Carthage!!

Bullgod, let me thank you for this GREAT mod you offer us for free !!

I just tried your mod and it fits so well to the game. Do you plan to give a special icon for the mercenaries?

When I hire some, I can't make a difference. Maybe something in the corner may help?

Can you do mercenary units?
    Great work so far.
    "Its a GUNDAM!"
    "Nope. This is Polish Winged Cavalry."

BullGod, I have a suggestion for the UI cards:
    As you already know, they are the best around all the modding community, but my suggestion is for Mercenaries. Simply by changuing the background of colour to difference them from the regular troops. It will help A LOT to distinguish between them because I didn't realize I had a merc recruited in my main army (20/20 stack) until I go and check one by one.

So please would you be so kind to do it?

Many thanks, and great last update, the more you release the better it is

You need to understand something about mercenaries. Mercenary units are usually regular units that are being recruitable as mercenaries. At least they use regular unit cards. There is only one specific mercenary unit card - veteran mercenary hoplites - and this one is probably not recruitable in any other form.
    What differentiates them as mercenaries in terms of UI cards is faction color. Instead of being colored in your faction color, they're always colored brown. This is of course easy to spot in vanilla (where faction color is the only color on black and white card) and I understand that it might not be that obvious with my unit cards where there is more colours all around (and in some cases I've not made a faction colour mask at all - Romans mostly don't have them f.ex., at least for now). To make matters worse faction color is not applied on the same thing every time- what I mean by that is that one unit might have faction colored shield, while the other might not have colored shield, but only tunic, or plume, or some other small garment element. In cases when faction color is close to brown... well, I can imagine the problem.
    If something like this is bothering you, I'll need a specific example which unit is causing confusion (preferably with a screenshot of army UI?) and maybe I'll be able to do something. I don't know what, exactly, but we'll see. The problem is that I don't have the game, don't play the game and can't check that in game right now. This is that kind of tweaking I was hoping to be left until the end, when I would maybe be able to play the game and assess what isn't working and how it can be improved. Oh well...
    Just make sure that it is still a problem when you know about the brown overlay. Maybe if you know how they're different, they'll be easier to spot?

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Hello,

Trying this mod out and have a question. Along with the new unit cards (nice!) it seems to be stating higher number of men in the unit. Why is that?

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

I've never had that problem
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    Hello,

Trying this mod out and have a question. Along with the new unit cards (nice!) it seems to be stating higher number of men in the unit. Why is that?
    Hi,
    I really doubt it has anything to do with my mod, since it only replaces unit icon PNG files and doesn't change anything else.
    Please check other possibilities, because it's highly unlikely that this is caused by my mod.

Great mod, keep working on it, I'll follow can we also expect champion icons, etc.?

Laetus

Hello,

BullGod your Rome II TW Unit Icon mod is OUTSTANDING! I already enjoyed Rome II TW but your icons have added so much to the immersion factor. You are a fantastic artist, every detail does not go unnoticed by us fans of your work. Mega thanks for making this game even more awesome!

Hail Bullgod!
    If you decide to cross the Rubicon and march on Rome, I am with you!

Salute!
    Bluemx

Tostig's Avatar -

This mod might be of interest to people that use BullGod's & Radious' mods together.
    Garbarsardar has been a dapper chap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tostig View Post
    This mod might be of interest to people that use BullGod's & Radious' mods together.
    i've tried ... didn't work for me ...

once again keep up the good work BullGod!

@tostig : with the latest released of radious mod we need the beta patch 7 and maybe it's worked ... didn't try yet

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pdguru View Post
    Hello,

When in the campaign go to options. Under Gameplay options there is a selection box to use Numbers or the Bar on unit cards.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Default Re: BullGod Unit Icons Project (v.0.30)

Update. Roman Cavalry.

Also, I've flipped artillery horizontally. New ballista isn't ready yet.

I have a lot to do recently, so updates are not so frequent, but we're going steadily forward

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a4...bined_v030.zip

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: BullGod Unit Icons Project (v.0.30)

These are excellent.