Thread: Forts are back!

Default Forts are back!

Hi all!
    Another little submod based on my personal tastes.
    Basically you can build temporary "Defensive Centers" (forts) at the cost of 5000 mina.
    Cost of towers raised as well to 1000 mina.
    To better represent a little investment and avoiding an overbuilding chance especially at the beginning.
    Minor settlement campaign map model used for all cultures.
    Some say forts are bugged some others say not. I don't say nothing...just enjoy as you wish .
    Cheers!

Defensive Centers.7z

"A little report.
    2 strategic points blocked by my forts.
    A neibourgh declare war and build his own fort in front of one of them (he didn't spot the other one yet...) placing 1 army within, immediately.
    He stays as such for 1 turn than decide that is better to sally and move towards my city.
    But the passage was blocked, right?
    Yes!
    So he decides to find another way and...he finds the other one!
    At that point, my fort is under siege.
    (as a test...if , once he has built his fort i exit and build another one leaving the key passage free he doesn't care about my fort and goes straight towards the city...)
    I don't wanna say that sounds perfect...but, quite perfect in regard to what i was aspecting from forts...for now at least )
    Cheers!"
    Last edited by Lostsoul; May 12, 2024 at 07:52 AM.
    TO ARMS IN DIXIE !!!

Default Re: Forts are back!

Quote Originally Posted by Lostsoul View Post
    Hi all!
    Another little submod based on my personal tastes.
    Basically you can build temporary "Defensive Centers" (forts) at the cost of 5000 mina.
    Cost of towers raised as well to 1000 mina.
    To better represent a little investment and avoiding an overbuilding chance especially at the beginning.
    Minor settlement campaign map model used for all cultures.
    Some say forts are bugged some others say not. I don't say nothing...just enjoy as you wish .
    Cheers!

Defensive Centers.7z
    The most stronger affermation about the fort bug is that Med AI would tend to siege the fort and exclude the better war choice.
    Finally, you could cheat AI with some forts with poor units; thing that onestly I have had .

Quote Originally Posted by Mattus View Post
    The most stronger affermation about the fort bug is that Med AI would tend to siege the fort and exclude the better war choice.
    Finally, you could cheat AI with some forts with poor units; thing that onestly I have had .
    Man, there are reports with complaints like that but also others of the opposite kind with editing tips as well.
    Surely all reports, no matter which kind, well valid and documented.
    But this was clearly not a poll or a debate...that's why i didn't add these many details lol.
    As i stated...you are free to enjoy as you wish .
    For the record:
    No weird behaviours so far.
    Still for the record:
    Try it with Piter CAI (and play with some of its parameters in case of weird behaviours...but we got people like Lusitanno which stated that he played for more than 500 turns with normal CAI i guess and no weird behaviours..."I played a 500 turns campaign with Carthage with around 35 forts around the campaign map and it was good. The AI barely cared about the forts, only attacking them to remove my troops from there....".).
    Cheers!
    P.s. if i'll see something weird that cannot be overcome i'll state that in this post and i'll delete the mod eventually. For now things look promising.
    Last edited by Lostsoul; May 11, 2024 at 08:11 AM.
    TO ARMS IN DIXIE !!!

A little report.
    2 strategic points blocked by my forts.
    A neibourgh declare war and build his own fort in front of one of them (he didn't spot the other one yet...) placing 1 army within, immediately.
    He stays as such for 1 turn than decide that is better to sally and move towards my city.
    But the passage was blocked, right?
    Yes!
    So he decides to find another way and...he finds the other one!
    At that point, my fort is under siege.
    (as a test...if , once he has built his fort i exit and build another one leaving the key passage free he doesn't care about my fort and goes straight towards the city...)
    I don't wanna say that sounds perfect...but, quite perfect in regard to what i was aspecting from forts...for now at least )
    Cheers!
    TO ARMS IN DIXIE !!!

Hey man, thanks for this little submod, just a few questions as it's my first submod, for EB2, let alone any TW mod. How/where do I install, and do you know if it's save game compatible? Thanks

Ciao! You are wellcome and thanks for the interest! A quick tip to install all ur mods: no big science! In most cases just take a look at submod's files. Than confront em with mod's files and that's it. Short answer (for most cases...this included) simply extract/overwrite pointing to ur mod's folder (eb2 in this case).
    Same goes for modding...identify the correct parts in the correct files you need to change/add and that's it. Not always possibile, easy and quick but this is just a short answer after all
    Always think if you need to back up the files you are going to overwrite/modify.
    In most cases, this included, you'll than need to start a new game.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Lostsoul; Today at 06:16 AM.
    TO ARMS IN DIXIE !!!