Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Middle-earth: Total War Content Release

Default Middle-earth: Total War Content Release

Middle-earth: Total War

Middle-earth: Total War was the first LotR-mod for the Total War games, first started on Medieval, and then ported to Rome. Unfortunately work on the mod was halted some time ago, so Burns from the METW team has decided to put the mod out as a content release. The mod is for Rome: Total War – Barbarian Invasion v1.6, and it is fully modfoldered, so it will not interfere with the original game or other mods which may be installed. The custom battles are fully playable with all 11 factions (see previews below), but the campaign has a CTM (Crash to Menu) error. Other modders are free to use any of the work included in the mod, provided they credit the METW team. For more information and screenshots, check out the METW forum.

Also check out the faction previews:

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: Middle-earth: Total War Content Release

I downloaded this yesterday and I have to say its well worth it, even if its not a finished mod. Some of the units are beautiful

Nice mod, also the mordor units are beautiful !!
    +rep
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

if the campaign worked i would download

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Brilliant. The units are beautiful, and well worth the download. If I knew how to mod I would continue working on this mod and finish it up. It's too good to leave unfinished.

Light of the West
    An AAR for Fourth Age Total War: The New Shadow

will download and try. I will also try to fix the menu bug. anny idea where it is?

had very quick look but not time to try and fix. Descr_strat has night battles enabled but no
    options bi
    line, try adding that.
    campaign .....
    options bi
    playable

EDIT :cancel remark about folder - it will be copied in if you follow install instructions.....

The units definately are beautiful. Some of them are sure gonna look pretty in my new up-coming FATW campaign....

Awesome work on the units, they are spectacular!

My Favorite are the winged guards from Gondor.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

OMG IT SO GREAT!!

thats your Mumakil???...............an i thought they have 4 tusksor something

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    I downloaded this yesterday and I have to say its well worth it, even if its not a finished mod. Some of the units are beautiful
    This is indeed a very nicely done mod. Congratulations to all involved.

Thank you guys!

@ Col Roy Mustang: Yup, talk about different, eh? My intention with the Mumak was to make it look very different and also to literally make it a walking tower . I also believe Ive updated the model since that shot.

Downloading.
    Although itīs sad that the mod doesnīt come to completion by the original team, itīs still great to see that all the work that went into it wonīt be entirely lost to the community. So thank you for giving us what we have now, rather than withholding it. Perhaps somebody is able to get the campaign running as well.
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Yeah, Wimpy is working on it.

an i thought they have 4 tusksor something
    That was invented by PJ or WETA for the movies - there's nothing about four tusks in the book.

And just a note to everyone who're repping me (or who are wondering who to rep) - Burns should be the guy receiving rep for his great work on the mod. I'm just the messenger.

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

And here's another messenger :wink:

We have an announcement. After some hours of work, Aradan (of the Fourth Age: Total War) has found and eliminated the error that was blocking the campaign and we now have a base campaign map working.

Don't expect much though, this is a WIP version of the campaign map and it's made for modders who want edit or expand the current campaign.

README:
    By Aradan:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the files needed to make METW 0.98 campaign playable.
    Just copy and paste the contents of the data folder inside your bi/metw/data folder. They will overwrite existing files, so a back-up is recommended.

Using these files won't trigger a CTD, KTM or an error message on campaign start-up or end. That's it though; don't expect to see a mod ready to be played. Far from it actually. Due to the inability of METW Team to have a working map the campaign is by and large a huge WIP with quite a few errors. Experienced or semi-experienced modders should know what to do in order to get the campaign into relevant shape. Thankfully there are also lots of tutorials around and METW right now is the perfect opportunity for experimentation!

Good luck!

KNOWN ISSUES:
    - Like said, everything (except for the strat map models) is vanilla. There are no tech trees, no balance, no recruitable units, etc. The only thing these files do is making the campaign playable, nothing more.
    - The Mordor ground textures are yet to be included.
    - Some wonder/resource coordinates are wrong.

IMPORTANT:
    - Just to be completely sure, delete the map.rwm (located in metw\data\world\maps\campaign\middle-earth).
    - If the campaign still doesn't load, first try to delete the map_heights.HGT (map_heights.HGT, NOT the map_heights.TGA !!).
    - If it doesn't load after that, try to "reinstal" (recopy) your METW mod folder or check your regular vanilla BI installation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download HERE

NOTE: as said, this is a WIP version of the campaign map, so this thread is NOT meant for reporting bugs.

And also, please rep+ Aradan instead of me, he's the one who made this all possible, and Burns for all his hard work for METW, thank you :wink:

Legionem Insanis's Avatar Biarchus

great work. i have enjoyed some great battles with this mod.

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

Will this work with RTW 1.5 at all?
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

Nope, it's for BI 1.6. You could try porting it if you want though

Also, Burns has just released an update of the campaign, and also included fixes, models and other stuff, you should check out.
    Take a look HERE

A little update by Burns:

Quote Originally Posted by Burns
    Ive begun a consolidated updates thread. I encourage those people who'd like to add to METW in any way to post their stuff there!
    http://www.chamber-of-records.com/fo...splay.php?f=95

A new two handed sword animation (and my first work with animations). Based off of Wles' animation but with very distinctive features such as a different ready stance as well as different blocking and modified attack animations.

Next up: New Variag skin variations. Scoundrel has done a nice job on giving the variags what I think is an improved look. Variags will come in a Sauronic, Haradic and Easterling flavor:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...etwvariag7.jpg

And also from Scoundrel: The Men of Nurn. They will appear chiefly as slave rebels in that region.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3.../metwnurn1.jpg

Next up: Two new units for the Beornings. Spearmen and Longbowmen. This is part of the process of making them a more rounded out faction.

Introducing Umbarian Heavy Infantry.

And lastly, this one is self explanatory:

The sails are coming up over the horizon...

Uhh... got kinda bored...

Haradic (Umbarian) and Gondorian pattern warships. By no means done. I am open to suggestions for improvement.

Finally Thor the Bassist posted some of his awesome work:

More screens. Have finished all the buildings and layout its now a case of getting AI pathfinding and collision data fixed and then the city is ready for the game.

The Statue of Elrond which you have to capture to take the city. Dunno if the figure should be made into sandstone but that can be easily changed.

The lack of pathfinding is currently hilarious. I've watched a unit run from the top of the hill, straight through the statue, down a steep hill, through a house, over a lake, down a cliff and then reach the bottom when there was a perfectly simple path it could take right next to the one it took.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast