Thread: Right format for saving .dds textures

Libertus

Default Right format for saving .dds textures

With the help of RPFM, I'm putting together a mod that changes some of the units' body textures (specifically the diffuse files). However, the textures keep out coming out wrong (too light), and I think it has to do with the format I've been saving the .dds files in Photoshop. What would be the right format for TW: Pharaoh's .dds files?

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Right format for saving .dds textures

Quote Originally Posted by Kahotep View Post
    With the help of RPFM, I'm putting together a mod that changes some of the units' body textures (specifically the diffuse files). However, the textures keep out coming out wrong (too light), and I think it has to do with the format I've been saving the .dds files in Photoshop. What would be the right format for TW: Pharaoh's .dds files?
    Try the .dds files with GIMP instead with PS.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Related to above I've read paint.net is also a good choice to save with. Another option if ^ doesn't quite do it.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    Related to above I've read paint.net is also a good choice to save with. Another option if ^ doesn't quite do it.
    Paint.net is what ended up working for me. Thanks!