Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Total War: Pharaoh leaked!

Lucius Verenus's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Total War: Pharaoh leaked!

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Knowing C.A and I admire them enormously, but the lack of historical accuracy has always saddened me! the lack of coracles from various titles for one!
    If they add pharaohs such as Tutankhamun, i'll warrant he will be like the old batman series version?

Just been taking a look at the state of play on Steam, not impressing me too much already old chap.

The Alpha 'playthrough' makes the men and battle look quite ok, but we know how the release can differ a lot from even the Beta (Rome II's zombie faces?). The models clothes moved in more clothlike manner which adds realism, but they have an archer unit that seems to have rolled it's collective self in mud before the battle, unsure what that signifies yet.

The current Strat map is far too arcadey - the stars in the sky are like the kids make for a school Christmas Pageant, hope that gets remedied. No immersion in pointy stars. The battle map looked good, quite realistic.
    The CA guy's passing comment about heroes riding up in chariots to challenge for single combat is not something I wanted to hear. There is no indication the Egyptians or Hittites doing this. Historically unlikely , such rulers didn't want their underlings getting such fame and standing, any more than the Roman Emperor would. Such an act from an opponent 'hero' would probably end abruptly in a shower of arrows. If they do have to have this, I hope they do it properly as a pre battle thing, not in the middle of two struggling armies.

But then looking at the Preorder options comes the usual disillusionment:

Pre-Purchase Total War: PHARAOH - Standard Edition A$ 99.95
    Pre-Purchase Total War: PHARAOH - Deluxe Edition A$ 122.27
    Pre-Purchase Total War: PHARAOH - Dynasty Edition A$ 154.28

The Dynasty Edition Contains:

Total War: PHARAOH
    Faction Pack DLC 1
    Faction Pack DLC 2
    Faction Pack DLC 3
    Campaign Pack DLC
    Digital Soundtrack

The Deluxe Edition Contains:
    Faction Pack DLC 1
    Digital Soundtrack

The Standard Edition Contains:

The DLC will be released as part of the post-launch content roadmap. Details of the DLC roadmap will be provided at a later date. The Digital Soundtrack will be released with Total War: PHARAOH.

So the full game (Dynasty) that should be the standard release is a big markup on the Standard Edition, which is just the Dynasty Version with the DLC and soundtrack removed.
    I am sure there will be lot's more cut out to sell later as DLC coming down the track, they actually say as much in the last bit there.
    So first impressions the game is overpriced to get what should be in it at the lowest price point, which is not cheap itself. Actually that suggests to me that the 'DLC' you are pre-ordering comes later than release - how much later? Good question. What does this 'Campaign DLC do? sounds a bit ominous.
    But setting things up like this before the game is even in beta shows the sheers are already in place to give us sheep a jolly good sheering with cut content (aka DLC)

I doubt at those prices, I will be looking to buy at release, the reviews would have to be ravingly good.

Nice to 'see' you again old chap

ttfn

Lucius
    Last edited by Lucius Verenus; August 26, 2023 at 02:44 AM. Reason: typo's

Nobody wanted or asked for this game! Where’s Empire 2?

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

Hello everyone, what the content of the above DLCs ? which nations ? and campaign pack1 ? i don't understand why they dont explain exactly what's inside.
    Without further informations ,i'll probably just waiting until it will be 100% clear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12