Thread: What is the patch version of the Steam version of Medieval Total War

Icon5 What is the patch version of the Steam version of Medieval Total War

I'd like to know if the game is running the same 2.01 as the CD or if Creative Assembly has changed the steam version of the game like they've done to Medieval II.

I've tried this question on the Steam forums with no luck and haven't found anything with Google. So I suppose this thread may help those in the future in the same predicament

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: What is the patch version of the Steam version of Medieval Total War

According to the Total War Launcher (for med 1 on steam) and ingame main menu, the game version is 2.01 PE. Not sure if the last bit changes anything.

Aside from that I haven't heard of any steam particular changes. So, my best guess is that they're probably the same difference.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Default Re: What is the patch version of the Steam version of Medieval Total War

Thank you.

Yes, if I'm not mistaken med2 uses a different game version on steam, so Med1 probably uses the original patch.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Yeah, Med2 has some executable tweaks. Nothing clear or really documented but enough to alter game behavior, plus the two executables are bundled into one. I doubt Med1 was approached with much more than getting the Total War launcher involved and even that doesn't appear to have anything custom past just launching the game. But it could be interesting if someone had both to compare. I'm not sure where my Med1 discs went.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

On general terms...

There are some few differences between the V.2.01 regular CD-version and Steams V.2.01 PE-version. The latter is much more compatible with modern hardware, drivers and OS (on general terms), including higher resolutions too. While it also have some few drawbacks as well - less available GFX-memory capacity for instance (which might show in combat-simulations, this for the worse). At any rate, any patch made for the regular CD-V.2.01 probably won't work on the V.2.01 PE-steam version, as that is a later release then the patch. It will probably refuse it all over/not work. However the V.2.01-PE should be able to replace/upgrade the CD-V.2.01, that would probably work (assuming all new files are included and in the right place)...

- A

anyone knows where is Rome Total War forum??
    RTW Remastered is new engine game i think i play old mods like Twilight of Republic or Ljannes Hellenistic
    Sklep z minimalistycznymi ubraniami oversize dla dzieci z lnu i bawełny organicznej.
    Lniane ubrania dla dzieci w akeforkids.pl