Default 2016 Summer Sale

So it begins...

Default Re: 2016 Summer Sale

Damn and I wanted to post it.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Whatcha'all gettin' this year? I've got my eyes set on a bunch of Attila/EU4 DLC, and maybe Stellaris. Some other old games that show up for cheap too, of course.

Dark Souls 3 and maybe Dark Arisen

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Whatcha'all gettin' this year? I've got my eyes set on a bunch of Attila/EU4 DLC, and maybe Stellaris. Some other old games that show up for cheap too, of course.
    Sorry to tell you, but paradox is a known cheapskate when it comes to dlc. Mare nostrum was releassed 3 months ago, not even -25%. Stellaris has -10%, which is the same you get for pre-ordering.

You're better off using a gmg coupon.

At the moment I only have Renowned explorers that I will buy, doubting about arma 3. But things like democracy 3 africa, or the witness are still too expensive

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I saw company of heroes is on a big sale so I plan to get that. I hear the second one isnt that great and it does cost more so I think I'll stick to just the first one with both expansions.

Once the darn store is available that is, steam servers are too busy for me to acces it right now.

Is just me or the discounts aren't that great?

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

If i have EU4 on steam I need to buy the DLC on steam right? I was hoping the trading cards would be worth enough to buy the cheapest one but I cant sell anything because I haven't bought anything between 30 days and a year ago, so I'm guessing I wont be able to sell the trading cards at all
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    If i have EU4 on steam I need to buy the DLC on steam right? I was hoping the trading cards would be worth enough to buy the cheapest one but I cant sell anything because I haven't bought anything between 30 days and a year ago, so I'm guessing I wont be able to sell the trading cards at all
    No, you can buy the dlc anywhere, it will give you a steamkey. Try Greenmangaming.

But yeah, in order to fight the 0,1% scammers there are, they annoy 99,9% of us with their mobile and trade restrictions stuff

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

So far I picked up deserts of kharak and civ iv beyond the sword cause I misplaced my old Dvd copy and had a hankering to play it again. Really hoping for a sale of shadow of the shogun - from the people who made pike and shot.

I was hoping for a 50% discount on Rise of the Tomb Raider but it looks like it's a 33% discount only and that daily deals don't exist anymore
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Came into just to get Darkest Hour went away with just HOI3 and all the expansions...

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I've decided to stick with just company of heroes and nothing else.

Since I usually end up buying stuff I rarely play, I went to the city and bought a new boardgame instead with what likely would have been the amount of money I'd have spent on the sales.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I picked up the witcher III, it's been pretty fun so far.

Anyone else thinks GTA v at -40% is pretty much spitting in the face of pc players?

Not only did we have to wait an additional two years, have to put up with the social club mess and a mp that is riddled with hacckers, other games from that period have way better discount. Cities skylines, pillars of eternity, galciv 3, witcher 3 wild hunt,....

Even Doom from last month is -40%

Gonna probably pick Men of War Assault Squad 2 and thats it.

Was hoping that Naval Action would get a better sale, but 25% is just too low for an early access and one thats apparently been having some problems lately.
    Last edited by Wulfburk; June 28, 2016 at 01:56 AM.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Almogaver's Avatar Senator

Got DIRT Rally and Arma 3 Apex expansion. Might get a good indie adventure game but don't know which one yet.
    --------------Arengada--------------

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

RIP AND TEAR

edit: and AC Syndicate, but I haven't touched it yet cos RIP AND TEAR
    Last edited by Mhaedros; June 28, 2016 at 11:30 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

I find it odd that about the time Steam started giving refunds was about the time they stopped doing the daily flash sales. And no I am not calling Steam cheap{or am I}.

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    Anyone else thinks GTA v at -40% is pretty much spitting in the face of pc players?
    It's still practically full retail cost for Xbox One and PS4, so no. It's not spitting. You're not getting the same game that came out two years ago. You're getting the upgraded one with better visuals, first person mode etc, that was developed for the newer consoles. Not the last generation ones. I do think it should be dropped some, but it's not spitting in PC gamers faces.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast