Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What games would you like to see remakes of?

Artifex

Default Re: What games would you like to see remakes of?

"Life is Strange" with a decent 5th episode and ending.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Rome: Total War.

No insulting sequel on a broken engine, but a true remake of the original Rome: Total War done on the same engine, but with vastly improved graphics, unique general models, naval combat, the same provinces on the map but with more factions, no rebels.

Faction rosters could remain the same, with a few additions added to it to fill gaps.

Greek Cities could be renamed Sparta since thats what it was, and they could add Athens which could occupy the rebel regions of the area. Rosters would be similar aside from a few changes.

Personly I am fine with having an ancient Egypt since that way its more unique and modders can change it anyways. For a remake they should remain that same outdated egypt. As well as the corinthian helmets, the arcani, flaming pigs and all that. It was part of the charm. It was more like those classic hollywood movies, not some dumb gritty dark drab. Its a game after all.

They could keep the same faction colors but a little subdued and less bright. Maybe Parthia changed to more of a purple color.

Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance

A space-fighter simulator set shortly after the Battle of Hoth. X-Wings, TIE-Fighters, Star Destroyers, the whole package. It was all there back in the day, I want it again!

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance

A space-fighter simulator set shortly after the Battle of Hoth. X-Wings, TIE-Fighters, Star Destroyers, the whole package. It was all there back in the day, I want it again!

Oh god yes. I thought I'd mentioned this one but I must have forgotten.
    I've been practically praying for a remake of X-Wing Alliance (or a sequel), built on one of the engines of something like Elite: Dangerous.

The campaign could be completely remade to include the whole open world of the latest space games, where you can fly around in whichever of the YT series Corellian freighters you choose, and I did fall in love with the YT-2000 from X-Wing Alliance.
    You should be able to walk around your ship too and if you're in a star destroyer etc for some reason, my sensitive underworked nerd heart would definitely explode.

Freelancer. I really liked the world concept/lore, with the 4 big factions, and the Corsairs/Outcasts occupying the dangerous edge worlds, the return of the Nomads, sentinels of the mysterious disappeared ancient civilisation. Just make a longer sp campaign, update graphics and make the world more dynamic

AoE 1 remake is a good idea too.
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; November 06, 2015 at 02:32 AM.

Hi all,

There were 2 games that I played when I was a kid that I have allways wanted to see remakes ( not simple remakes but glorious remakes).

The first was Warlords ( 1989 by SSG), I loved that game allways running from school after the classes so I could play that game before my father arrived from work and monopolized the PC. You guys must understand that comparatively, today's games are beautifull pieces of graphic art but back then my imagination was something different, it did what computers could never do even for today standards. Playing as Lord Bane and razzing city after city was such power addiction; or as a noble Sirian Knight and not expanding to much making a just and rightfull management of the kigndom; and for thoose who played it, who never wanted to be an all mighty Storm Giant!!!!

The second was Dune 2 ( 1992 by Westwood Studios), some years latter I read Frank Herbert's books and that amazing Universe controlled by Noble Houses was something special. I would love to see a proper Landsraad, with spice controled space travelling, proper planetary wars and the never ending war for the control of Arrakis. Don't know any one who played this game and didn't want to exterminate House Harkonnen playing has House Atreides.... did you?
    And on a personal note, mounting a Sandworm must be by far a greater extension of manwood then driving a sports car....

Well maybe I miss my youth days, but who doesn't !!!
    Thank you guys for letting me share this nostalgia...

The movies, by Lionhead.

This game isnt supported on newer windows systems which means I cant play it while I very much want to.

For a remake they could include stunts and effects and upgrade the graphics. Maybe add some new scenes and sets as well, or give each set several reskin options that can be changed for the scene.
    And remove the bug that resets eyecolor and eyebrows when changing costume.

Also, they could add some sets, scenes and costumes to introduce another genre: the historic movie. A pirate ship set, a medieval village and a castle interiour set could all be added. New scenes and props could include sword fighting, and knight and pirate costumes could be added.

Knights of Honor........
    The campaign was better than anything the TW series has ever done sans maybe the first 2 titles, but the battles were just average. A remake would be a insta buy for me.

Sims medieval.

Instead of making the gameplay weird and limited, they should actually go with what the people wanted out of the game: A sims game in the medieval setting. Not a heavily quest driven game where you cant controll many sims.
    Style looked great though but it was too limited.

I'd want to be able to build castles and villages fully, with different proffesions, horses, jousting tournaments, new traits, different social classes, titles, skills, etc.

Law enforcement could start as militia, become a guard later on, constable, executioner, etc. They could go to the guard house for work.
    Criminal path could start as pick pocket, later become a bandit, rogue, thief, and eventually either a master thief or master assasin.
    Instead of politics career there could be a royal family, the ruling king or queen could have unique interactions and receive income at the end of every week, and wouldnt pay taxes. The position would be inherited, and as a player you could choose the heir to the throne. A coup could be made though, it could even be a lifetime wish for powerhungry sims to become king by their own hand.

Skills could be things like sword fighting, horse riding, archery, alchemy, lute, athletic, painting, sculpting, etc.

Defender of the Crown, It was remade in 2005 but I would like to see modern remake with today's tech.

veljus's Avatar Miles

A new game of steel panthers would be amazing. I used to play SP2 and SP3 with my father when I was a kid, and picked up SP world at war when I was a teenager. Really great games, and SPWAW got supported for quite a while by the community. Panzercorps was a fine game done in honor of Panzer general, and I wish for something similar done in honor of steel panthers. Again, belongs to the wide collection of my wet dreams.
    "They took my fries. I took their lives."

Empire Total War because it's time it was done properly and not rushed out of the door like the original was.

Saint's Row could use a reboot at this point. Since time travel seems to be revealed in the last game, it could even be worked into the plot. I'd want them to move away from the goofyness though and move it back to how it was in SR2. It had the right amount of weird. After that pretty much everything was weird and by that extent nothing is weird. Also missed the cool action cutscenes of the first two games.

To prevent future events, your character could be a new person who could be reached by one of the survivors through the time machine, shortly before the events of Saint's Row 1. You could be instructed to stop the Saint's from comeing to power or more specifically, the boss. The first thing you'd do would be killing the boss before he joins the Saints. And afterwards, you create your own new gang which you can customise. The name could be set for dialogue reasons, but you could pick the color, cars, style and all that. Through the game you'd gather lieutenants and some could be from the other gangs, allowing familiar characters to live on. Some could still survive though.

Maybe the story could end quite differently, and not with all rival gangs destroyed. Like Hector of the Carnales surviving, and returning in the sequel with a lot of power. The sequel could actually start with you controlling the entire city, but getting attacked from all sides and betrayed from within. You could then work for the government to destroy the gangs.

Red Orchestra Ostrfront (I have hundreds of hours invested in RO2, but is mostly covering battle of Stalingrad, while Rising Storm is still horribly imbalanced).
    Morrowind (They are actually making a Skyrim mod called Skywind, but I'm skeptical on how would Skyrim's engine handle Morrowind's mechanics)
    Postal 2
    Freespace 2.

Fable could use a reboot. And I mean a real fable game, not that journey or legends garbage that no one asked for.

They could go back to the time of great heroes, maybe the aftermatch of fable 1. The hero of oakvale could have departed to other lands. Maybe it could be chosen wether this hero was good or evil, which could effect how people speak about him and some small changes in the world.

And you could be part of a new generation of heroes. A lonely orphan taken in by the guild at the age of 12 or maybe slightly older. You could be male or female, and maybe the choice to be black could be added too since quite a few heroes are black in the series. The first part of the game could focus on your time in the guild, with other heroes in training. Your interactions with them could change who they become after the timeskip to graduation.
    A wimpy bookworm who everyone makes fun of could become an evil sorcerer as an adult but could be a good wizard if you stand up for him. But you could also side with a bully and have an evil buddy as an adult, which could open up some unique quests to take on together.

The gameworld could be similar to the one from fable 1, but opened up further and more detailed. And with guards wearing armor instead of baseball caps.
    But all the areas could be there. The woods, orchard farm, knothole glade, darkwood, Oakvale, the arena.. but all could still be a little bigger and improved. And more towns could be added and new areas. And some out of the way areas from fable 1 could not return since it wouldnt be needed. Like the northern wastes or that town from the lost chapters. Unless it has a function in the new story of course.

The shadow court and a young reaver could make an appearance, since its mentioned he made his pact not long after the events of the first game.

A running joke could be that people keep saying that the hero of oakvale was much better than you, and this could change as your reknown grows. Later kids could argue about who is tougher, and in the end most people could think you are a greater hero. (exept for some occasional skeptics)

As for aging and morphing, I think fable 2 did that part the best with purity and corruption along with good and evil. It gave better variety. And aging could happen due to some curse like in fable 2, and it could be reversed some way. Probably best if not too much time passes since then it would require other side characters to age too.
    Titles should return too, preferably with them all available early on.

As for new features, they could increase weapon variety by adding shields, daggers, a staff and maybe a spear or halberd too. Weapon variety has always been a weakness in the series, and they reduced the number of weapon types in every new game.
    They could keep armor a cosmetic thing like in fable 2 and 3, so you can just look however you want to look instead of there being a clear best outfit.

And of course some choices having serious consequences, families could be a bit more detailed, ability to attend arena matches and see other heroes fight in it, ability to duel other heroes when you meet them to increase reknown, not to the death though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123