Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by ThoraSoldier View Post
    Thankyou guys! I reinstalled the game, made sure to delete save games in the app data and I was able to start a campaign as the Silvan elves. Thank you for your support!
    Glad to help. Also, ya deleting the old save games let me start the game. I started a Silvan elves campaign too when it worked

Unfortunately there were about 100 saves so I had to delete them one by one for a few minutes...

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoe71 View Post
    I have an issue that causes MOS to CTD just before acampaign game loads. I can open thegame; I can select a campaign; I can choose a faction to play, and the game seeminglyloads. However, after the load bar fillsup, the game dumps me back to the desktop with no error messages at all.
    To attempt to fix this, I took the following steps:
    1) Turned UAC off. Madesure all hidden folders were visible. Madesure Daylight Savings Time was NOT set to apply automatically. Restarted Computer.
    2) Uninstalled the Retail PC-DVD version of Medieval II Total War: Gold Edition andother mods (Stainless Steel 6.4, 1648 Total War, and Third Age Total War usingthe uninstaller utilities either inside the folders or the one in ControlPanel).
    3) Deleted all remaining folder elements
    4) Ran CCleaner to make sure all temporary files, uninstall/ install files, and registry entries were gone.
    5) Checked HDD fragmentation level (0%).
    6) Reinstalled the Retail PC-DVD version of Medieval II Total War: Gold Edition(which includes Kingdoms) to the following path: C:\Users\Public\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War. Restarted Computer.
    7) Turned off all read-protection in the Medieval II TotalWar directory.
    8) Granted full user permission to the Medieval II Total Wardirectory (easy since I installed it in the public-games directory)
    9) Made sure I could start a campaign in vanilla M2TW and inone of the Kingdoms campaigns.
    10) Deleted the Virtual Store entry for Medieval II TotalWar.
    11) Installed ThirdAge Total War 3.2 using the recommended method. The final installation path is now this: C:\Users\Public\Games\SEGA\MedievalII Total War\mods\Third_Age_3
    12) Turned off all read protection in the Third_Age_3folder.
    13) Granted full permission for all users in the Third_Age_3folder.
    14) Made sure I could start a campaign in Third Age Total War.
    15) Copied the Third_Age_3 folder to Desktop in case ofmistakes; renamed TA2 just to be safe.
    16) Installed MOD1.6.2 using the directions listed here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ures-%21-%29to this directory: C:\Users\Public\Games\SEGA\MedievalII Total War\mods\Third_Age_3
    17) Ran the cleaner utility.
    Any ideas what might be going wrong? Also, in case it matters, the 1.6.2 fullinstaller creates a Medieval II Total War folder inside my Third_Age_3folder. I copied the files and movedthem to the core Third_Age_3 folder, which is initially where the instructionssay to point the installation. I agreedto let everything overwrite.
    MOS 1.62 needs to be installed directly to the Sega folder. That is because there are several files that have to be overwritten in order for MOS 1.62 to function properly. I would recommend deleting everything (I've had to do this myself more times then I care to admit) and try reinstalling again. It is painful but will be worth it in the end. After getting everything working do not forget to install the three hotfixes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Khan of Central Rhov.jpg   wardens 4.jpg   marraige.jpg   Rebuilt Bridge of Tharbad.jpg   Tower Restored.jpg  

Rhudaur Axe1.jpg   Orc Dead 2.jpg   Orc Dead.jpg  
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; September 30, 2014 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladvak View Post
    The image for the buildings depend on the culture that built them. If you wish to change the image of a building to reflect your own culture, you can do this:
    -if it can be upgraded, upgrade it yourself. the new, upgraded building will take your culture's image
    -if it can be demolished, demolish it and rebuild it

If it cannot be demolished nor can it be upgraded, then in order to change the image you've got to meddle with the files and change the culture for said building(savegame I presume). Somebody else could help you with info on how to do that.

Walls, farms, roads, among other things, cannot be demolished. And if Annuminas is already a LC, then the walls cannot be further upgraded - see my post earlier this page for more info.
    Thanks for input. What I refer to is the settlement itself, where orcs culture has built to maximum level and I reconquer and so cannot be demolished or upgraded. I would like to change strat map settlement image and image when selected in building list to show my cultural version. I don't mind demolishing and paying to rebuild nice clean buildings to get rid of the orc smell, but can't do this with settlement as you point out.
    Anyone comment on how easy it might be to edit files to change settlement culture please?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    MOS 1.62 needs to be installed directly to the Sega folder. That is because there are several files that have to be overwritten in order for MOS 1.62 to function properly. I would recommend deleting everything (I've had to do this myself more times then I care to admit) and try reinstalling again. It is painful but will be worth it in the end. After getting everything working do not forget to install the three hotfixes.
    AND run the Cleaner.bat one more time after installing the hotfixes. I once forgot to do so and got some problems because of it.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Great! Just so I have it straight then, you're saying I should point the MOD installer to this directory: C:\Users\Public\Games\SEGA. After completion, run the cleaner utility once more. Yes?

Great! Just so I have it straight then, you're saying I should point the MOD installer to this directory: C:\Users\Public\Games\SEGA. After completion, run the cleaner utility once more. Yes?
    Correct. But the hotfixes will go into the Third_Age_3 folder. Actually I believe that you will have to manually replace the edb (Hotfix 3) into the Third_Age_3\data folder
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ruinsasc2.jpg   ruinasc2.jpg   ruinasc1.jpg   Restored Amon Sul.jpg   restored Amon sul 2.jpg  

Lone Lands info.jpg   EB II Arkah Hayasdan.jpg   EB II Marz Armenia.jpg  
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; January 30, 2015 at 12:27 PM.

oh, right, the hotfixes! You mentioned there were three of them. I'm sure they're on the main mod page. I'll go look for them now and put them directly in the Third_Age_3 folder.

The hotfixes you mentioned, are those these files:
    MOS v1.6.2 bugfixer1
    MOS v1.6.2 bugfixer2
    MOS v1.6.2 bugfixer3

The hotfixes you mentioned, are those these files:
    MOS v1.6.2 bugfixer1
    MOS v1.6.2 bugfixer2
    MOS v1.6.2 bugfixer3

Yes, those are the files, but unfortunately these links don't work anymore,
    Go to THIS post to find instructions on how to download them.

Thank you, friends. I have it all up and running now thanks to your patience and instruction. If it weren't for the TWC community, these games would not be nearly as fun. I wonder if you all might have time for one more question, though: do you know of any MOD-compatible mods that put a face lift on some of the units? The 4.6 Alternative Patch (author Leo, I believe) has some extraordinary units and new unit cards and settlement textures, but that one clearly is not compatible.

Thank you, friends. I have it all up and running now thanks to your patience and instruction. If it weren't for the TWC community, these games would not be nearly as fun. I wonder if you all might have time for one more question, though: do you know of any MOD-compatible mods that put a face lift on some of the units? The 4.6 Alternative Patch (author Leo, I believe) has some extraordinary units and new unit cards and settlement textures, but that one clearly is not compatible.
    You will have to stay tuned to upcoming events.......

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

do you know of any MOD-compatible mods that put a face lift on some of the units?
    I believe dIRECTOR's cut adds a few more things AND it's compatible with MOS. Check that out and see if it has at least some of the things you're looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

Hello,
    After successfully installing Third age 3.2, I decided to install MOS 1.62. I downloaded all the files needed and followed the instructions for Steam Users and Windows 8, but my third age is still 3.2 and not MOS. Any help?

Edit: I am not using the kingdoms launcher app and I suspect the problem is when I copy everything from the "MOS Game" folder into the TATW folder there is no notice about overwriting files

2nd edit: I re copy and pasted the files and got an overwrite message. Still TATW 3.2. Also, is the message that some file names being too long an issue?
    Last edited by Prozn856; July 05, 2014 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladvak View Post
    I believe dIRECTOR's cut adds a few more things AND it's compatible with MOS. Check that out and see if it has at least some of the things you're looking for.
    Yes, dIRECTOR's cut is definitely worth trying. It does change some other important game aspects also, so I would first study the change list to see if it's suits you.

You will have to stay tuned to upcoming events.......
    Mike is hinting at the Reunited Kingdom mod for MOS 1.62 he and Jox25 have been developing for quite some time now and which is nearing completion. Probably he is to modest to outright say this though.
    Together with a few others, I have had the privilege to betatest this and I can tell you that it has (amongst other things) some very nice additions/changes to the stuff you mentioned.

Dang now i'm having the same problem. Start the campaign, load bar goes full and then it dumps me to the desktop. MOS has been installed to c:\Program Files(x86)\SEGA and the hotfixes downloaded to the third_age_3 folder.

When i'm installing the MOS to this folder, a prompt comes up saying "c:\Program Files(x86)\SEGA already exists. would you like to install to the folder anyway?" I click yes

I'm wondering if somehow this is screwing me up?

Well I think I have figured it out but to be sure I have a stupid question. I am a little confused on where exactly I am suppose to extract the bug fix 3 into. Is it simply inside the data folder, or a specific folder inside of the data folder?

Quote Originally Posted by littlepedro View Post
    Well I think I have figured it out but to be sure I have a stupid question. I am a little confused on where exactly I am suppose to extract the bug fix 3 into. Is it simply inside the data folder, or a specific folder inside of the data folder?
    It's the data folder in the Third_Age_3 folder, not the data folder in the Medieval II Total folder.

....:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\

ok simple enough thank you so much for the speedy response friend

Quote Originally Posted by Prozn856 View Post
    Hello,
    After successfully installing Third age 3.2, I decided to install MOS 1.62. I downloaded all the files needed and followed the instructions for Steam Users and Windows 8, but my third age is still 3.2 and not MOS. Any help?

Edit: I am not using the kingdoms launcher app and I suspect the problem is when I copy everything from the "MOS Game" folder into the TATW folder there is no notice about overwriting files

2nd edit: I re copy and pasted the files and got an overwrite message. Still TATW 3.2. Also, is the message that some file names being too long an issue?

Any help?

Never mind, I managed to install MOS but now whenever I select a campaign it plays the intro video and all but right before the campaign loads I get a CTD with no error message. The Installing MOS in the SEGA folder wont work for me since I'm using Steam. Any help?

Edit: Reinstalled MOS, same problem. CUstom battles work fine though

2nd edit: Disabling UAC and running cleaner.bat did not help. For reference, the guide I used for installing was this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12777400
    Last edited by Prozn856; July 06, 2014 at 01:28 AM.