2 0.98%
  • Female 60-80

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Demographics - young or old, Male or Female

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Demographics - young or old, Male or Female

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian_BGX View Post
    Well, there is a difference between 36 and 16.....
    True actually, but I was being diplomatic. I`m tired of saying what you just said and some kid will pop up and say something about me having disrespect for young people and that young people can just be as mature as old, etc, etc, etc... probably be that Krsylannkawhatsthename.

But yea, maturer (older people) are certainly less prone to stupidly ridiculous arguments and being ripped off, probably because we all went through that bit when we were 16-20 +

I was talking (you set me off now ) to my cousin the other day (he`s about 18) and trying to explain history stuff and what not about warfare, and, boy, would he not shut up. He seemed to think he knew it all even when he didn`t know what he was talking about and just to say something. It was as if he had to win some kind of battle instead of understanding the reasons and appreciating the knowledge passed down.

He so reminded of some of the kids here. They all think that when we point out errors in RTW2 it`s some dumb battle that must continue forever when we`re only trying to make things better for all.

Praetorian_BGX's Avatar Ordinarius

I know, im not disrespected to young people, there is a huge difference in mentality and +/- 10 years actually means a lot. With 30 all your angles/attitudes from early-mid 20's are gone. At 36, you don't even remember them.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must
    ."
    -Thucydides

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

But even you Humble, in your wise and humble glory understand that an important factor in discussion and debate is the ability to concede points because it shows you've actually thought about both sides of the issue and have come to a logical conclusion.

However, I have not seen much of that in the Rome II subforum.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatiRex View Post
    But even you Humble, in your wise and humble glory understand that an important factor in discussion and debate is the ability to concede points because it shows you've actually thought about both sides of the issue and have come to a logical conclusion.

However, I have not seen much of that in the Rome II subforum.

Regardless of your primary sarcasm, I`ll humour you and reply: Of course I know the value of conceding some (if there are any) points and coming to a logical or rather a concessionary conclusion. When I see valid points to concede on (that are worth it) then I do. But certainly not to suit people who just want concessions so they can feel `better`.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    I use to play a lot of Lego using sets bought for me and 10 year old sets from my older brother.

The problem was that I lacked those big boards to stick things on and fresh Lego rectangle blocks/other pieces due to how worn down most of my stuff was.

So I gave up on Legos and started to play pc games...

Now you remind me of Legos and how much fun they were that I need to go back and buy myself some stuff and mess around again. I would use to play out battles with Lego pieces, pretty cool stuff along with table top miniatures.

Thank you you for your enlightenment Nobilissimus.

Mwahahaha

Ah Ah! tua etiam nobilissima voluntas est

I'm doing in total war games what I did with Lego (medieval and gendarmerie/pirates) and then painting Bretonnia's cavalry some later since I played the old mega drive game: Centurion, with pixel-choorts

I've still in somewhere some structures complete (castles, ships). Lego are more than a toy, are a "mental attitude" and I'm glad to have played past Lego productions since so many Lego today seem too easy to me

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian_BGX View Post
    Well, there is a difference between 36 and 16.....
    majorly depends on the person

I know several that despite their age the internal growth is as limited as it can get

aside that according to the most recent psych studies the expected behaviour in the parameters set by the study it was defined that internal growth known as maturity is defined by a bell curve, thus the peak is in the 30s then we move downwards

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Braginski View Post
    I'm 18 - check out the results, they're pretty funny. We should rename this place Total Bachelor Center

Speak for yourself...I have been happily married 25 years

Praetorian_BGX's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazovmm View Post
    majorly depends on the person

I know several that despite their age the internal growth is as limited as it can get

aside that according to the most recent psych studies the expected behaviour in the parameters set by the study it was defined that internal growth known as maturity is defined by a bell curve, thus the peak is in the 30s then we move downwards
    No, there is a serious difference in a +/- 20 years.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must
    ."
    -Thucydides

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    Ah Ah! tua etiam nobilissima voluntas est I'm doing in total war games what I did with Lego (medieval and gendarmerie/pirates) and then painting Bretonnia's cavalry some later since I played the old mega drive game: Centurion, with pixel-choorts I've still in somewhere some structures complete (castles, ships). Lego are more than a toy, are a "mental attitude" and I'm glad to have played past Lego productions since so many Lego today seem too easy to me
    Ah take it from me, one LEGO fan to another, build your own stuff! It's quite fun and satisfying when you make a good looking scene, ship, figure, whatever! There's even a website dedicated to us! AFOLs (Adult Fans of LEGO), TFOLs (Teen Fans of LEGO), YFOL's (Young Fans of LEGO) and everything in between.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.

Im 40-something and actually remember as a young tike I had to walk it to school and back at about 3 miles day. I also remember the days when I got a great looking box as well as a huge thick manual for my 40 bucks as opposed to a skrimpy serial key and a pdf manual isn't worth a warm cup of squat. I also remember the glorious days of finding my own patches online and actually downloading them and installing them myself{wow!} I was even able to find all my drivers myself without " Uncle Gabes" help. Yes im sorry kids pc gaming was better 10-15 years ago.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Im 40-something and actually remember as a young tike I had to walk it to school and back at about 3 miles day. I also remember the days when I got a great looking box as well as a huge thick manual for my 40 bucks as opposed to a skrimpy serial key and a pdf manual isn't worth a warm cup of squat. I also remember the glorious days of finding my own patches online and actually downloading them and installing them myself{wow!} I was even able to find all my drivers myself without " Uncle Gabes" help. Yes im sorry kids pc gaming was better 10-15 years ago.
    Oh yes, because the Dial Up of 2000 was the hey day of PC gaming. Oh yes, because that 40 page tree killer was the epitome of everything that makes gaming great (truth be told there were some awesome manuals, but I digress).

"Uncle Gabe" as you put it doesn't find my drivers, I do that myself. All he does is get all the patches nicely lined up for me.

If I can get at least 1 hour for every Dollar Spent, I've spent my money well. Doesn't matter if it's physical or digital.

As well, there's this handy inflation calculator from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

$40.00 in 1995 has the same buying power as $61.39 today.
    Last edited by IlluminatiRex; October 15, 2013 at 10:43 PM.

Oh yes, because the Dial Up of 2000 was the hey day of PC gaming. Oh yes, because that 40 page tree killer was the epitome of everything that makes gaming great (truth be told there were some awesome manuals, but I digress).

"Uncle Gabe" as you put it doesn't find my drivers, I do that myself. All he does is get all the patches nicely lined up for me.

If I can get at least 1 hour for every Dollar Spent, I've spent my money well. Doesn't matter if it's physical or digital.

As well, there's this handy inflation calculator from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

$40.00 in 1995 has the same buying power as $61.39 today.
    Had to laugh at the tree killer bit.......spoken like a true tree hugging liber-all. And yes if need be Uncle Gabe can even find and install your AMD GPU drivers he can surely meet the need. Heck the only thing that he cannot do is clean the house and bake you a cake. Video driver updates made easy
    Had to laugh at the tree killer bit.......spoken like a true tree hugging liber-all. And yes if need be Uncle Gabe can even find and install your AMD GPU drivers he can surely meet the need. Heck the only thing that he cannot do is clean the house and bake you a cake. Video driver updates made easy
    http://store.steampowered.com/hardware/amd
    Never again worry about having to track down the latest driver for your AMD Radeon™ HD graphics card.
    Now you can detect and install the latest AMD Catalyst™ graphics driver directly from Steam. Just as Steam keeps your games up-to-date, now we can help you make sure you have the latest version of video drivers for the best gaming performance.
    Just select 'Update AMD Video Drivers' from the 'Steam' menu at the top of your Steam client. Steam will take care of the rest.
    Never again worry about having to track down the latest driver for your AMD Radeon™ HD graphics card.
    Now you can detect and install the latest AMD Catalyst™ graphics driver directly from Steam. Just as Steam keeps your games up-to-date, now we can help you make sure you have the latest version of video drivers for the best gaming performance.
    Just select 'Update AMD Video Drivers' from the 'Steam' menu at the top of your Steam client. Steam will take care of the rest.
    Last edited by Achilleslastand; October 15, 2013 at 10:59 PM.

Citizen

Blog Entries

The tree-killing bit was more tongue in cheek than anything. I do like myself some manuals, but I also like having space. It's a dire situation.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

I am eighteen and male. I first got the RTW Gold Edition about seven years ago.

Bothocevil's Avatar Libertus

I'm 33 and male...

Foulmouth's Avatar Laetus

Oh the youth of today !!! Back when I was a lad if we wanted some Total War we had to strap on our armour and go out and fight those bloody Carthaginians ourselves ! None of this computer game rubbish back then ! Mumble grumble complain ..... (Male, 38 years old)

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Im a 47 years old man , and i think this is the worst game ever made by CA. Im to old for this.

The tree-killing bit was more tongue in cheek than anything. I do like myself some manuals, but I also like having space. It's a dire situation.
    I always lose everything, so it doesn't really matter to me.

#TheTBNR™'s Avatar Libertus

Im 15, and (not)surprisingly my girl friends (aka friends who are girls) absolutely dislike any game including stabbing enemies, throwing missiles, war basically. (also neglecting women as CA gave little attention to women outside agents, not surprising since one of the few female units in original Rome was screeching women )

GeorgiBG's Avatar Miles

The age doesn't matter. CA just wants to make R2TW arcade and that's all. Looks like the strategy genre it's not so popular in their opinion nowadays.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast