Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Announcement] The Rome 2 Total Realism Team would like to introduce itself to you!

Default Re: [Announcement] The Rome 2 Total Realism Team would like to introduce itself to you!

Fantastic news! RTR is simply amazing, and RTW2 needs your love! Now I don't want to come across as impatient or trying to rush you guys, as I understand you have actual lives and all , but any ideas on how long until you release version 1? I'm not a modder so I have no idea if it's a weeks or months long process. Anyway just kind of a rough ETA would be fantastic so I can stop checking back every day hoping somethings been released, lol.

Default Re: [Announcement] The Rome 2 Total Realism Team would like to introduce itself to you!

I've played Rome 2 and compared to all other TW games it has the least potential of being saved or improved by modding. However, If CA fixes and upgrades most of the game then I have no doubt if the game can be improved by modding you guys are the ones to it. Because it will take a lot or skill which you guys have in abundance. Good Luck. Pulling for you, or more like depending on you, but no pressure.

the rome II is a disaster,a horrible AI,horrible diplomacy,arcade battles,not epic battles,empty campaign,very bored campaing,campaing not historical,campaign not immersive,is necessary more historical units types and more historical variety units types for all factions,battle not battle lines,not scripts in campaign,not historical events in campaign,not famous persons in campaign as julious caesar or hannibal barca,repetitive campaign,simplistic and very bored,arcade campaign. confident that the totalrealism team make a mod strictly historical in all aspects and a scripted campaign and events with all well made and historical units.congratulations of the totalrealism team.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; September 23, 2013 at 02:08 AM.

i think that the rome totalrealism and rome surrectum teams should join together for this ambitious project.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

As no one else does it, I thank all of your for the enthusiasm But the game is still very new and you'll need some patience, especially because CA changes the game a lot with it's regular patches. But I'm sure the whole team will work as hard as they can to realize our vision of R2TR! For this project, we remain in friendly relations with the RS team as well, that's for sure
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

From a old fan since day 1 of RTR thank you guys and good luck .

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Hopefully the great mods of RTW will make R2 playable...
    Still R2 is inferior as gameplay and textures/realism and unit rosters from alll great mods of RTW.
    That is a great desisison guys.
    i think that the rome totalrealism and rome surrectum teams should join together for this ambitious project
    I 100% agree with that statement.
    Once the greatest teams must work together starting of their similar and common work and then adding their unique features in one mod.
    Sharing is always fun and does not take the glory of the original creator.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; September 25, 2013 at 05:58 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post
    i think that the rome totalrealism and rome surrectum teams should join together for this ambitious project.
    This would be a dream come true.

The question that remains is this:
    How far in "realism" this team is whilling to go?
    Hoplites are attractive to players that "dream" clasic Greek undefeatable warriors but in the age of Rome hoplites in that sence did not exist in the Hellenistic world exept in soe issolated Greek collonies like Massalia and Emporium..
    Magna Grecia (Great Hellas) "hoplites" had such equipment but they did not fough as Hoplite phalanx for ages!
    Tide formations did not refer to hoplite phalanx all the time.
    In main Hellas (Greece) all hellenistic states had "hoplites" in the form of Thyreophoroi.
    So Corinthian helmets and hoplon shields did not exist exept for rate occasions like "bodyguards".
    So when a Greek state deploys "hoplites" see those guys as thyreophoroi!
    Even Sparta...yes even Sparta...
    Athens never deployed any sarrissa phalanxes (pikemen)...
    They had neither the money or the stradegic depth to use them like the last attempt of Sparta's to "glory"...
    Hellenistic armies in main Greece had limited cavalry units in the form of Citizen and Tarantine kind ones.
    No sarrisa cavalry like the Macedonian Prodromoi no horse archers ofcourse!
    Only northern Hellenic states like Hypeiros , Thessaly , Macedonia and the Thracian tribes had large variety of cavalry units.
    Thracians were actually those that created for the 1st time cavalry sarissa and equipted their horsemen with it...
    I know that South Greek rosters are not atractive to players but this mod has the name Total Realism...
    SO I repeat my question : How far with realism this team is willing to go?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    SO I repeat my question : How far with realism this team is willing to go?
    As far as warscape engine allows it to be.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    As far as warscape engine allows it to be.
    And you will have my help in any case you will need it..for this attempt!

you have any idea when will this mod be ready ? in 1 year ?

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

You guys are our only hope man.... For weeks I couldn't sleep, eat, or go outside my house, even drugs wont help me. I'm just starring at this thread for weeks, and can't accept the fact that what Rome 2 has become. It should be the most legendary game in the series man... What happened?!? I'm thinking I'm going to be insane!!!

You guys are our only hope man.... For weeks I couldn't sleep, eat, or go outside my house, even drugs wont help me. I'm just starring at this thread for weeks, and can't accept the fact that what Rome 2 has become. It should be the most legendary game in the series man... What happened?!? I'm thinking I'm going to be insane!!!
    It is pretty clear that the publisher rushed the release for money reasons. They must have needed cash flow and decided not to delay release.

People digging into the game files have found a ton of unused stuff. So the Dev team was quite ambitious, but the suits cut off the development before it was ready.

GeorgiBG's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    It is pretty clear that the publisher rushed the release for money reasons. They must have needed cash flow and decided not to delay release.

People digging into the game files have found a ton of unused stuff. So the Dev team was quite ambitious, but the suits cut off the development before it was ready.
    Im not a modder neither a player of R2TW but there are 2 options for this stuff: To be included in game or cutted from the game. Anyway something like 10GB is really big number. Just to compare: EU IV is a grand strategy game but it's size is around 2GB. And for good reason Im skipping all the other unwanted stuff in R2TW like bugs.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Not sure I feel as enthusiastic about modding as before. Looks like most of the people complaining want the stupid stuff back in. I think CA greatly overestimated the maturity level of its audience (at least, as far as is evident on these forums.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    Not sure I feel as enthusiastic about modding as before. Looks like most of the people complaining want the stupid stuff back in. I think CA greatly overestimated the maturity level of its audience (at least, as far as is evident on these forums.
    No Muzier. Don't let the Plebs win. If you do not fight them, all is lost.

Remlap's Avatar Lag Slayer

Good luck guys.

Primicerius

Cannot wait. RTR was the first mod I ever played

I am not a great poster but I am a fan of TWC... and I started TW series by Rome and RTR! So come on guys, show to the world how it was, historically and not as the movie 300!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast