Thread: question about legendary swordsman event

penance_of_discord's Avatar Foederatus

Default question about legendary swordsman event

{campign-related}
    ok, i love those no-dachi, and the Shimazu clan. but i never get that legendary swordsman event. does anyone have any idea how to get it faster? is it a certain squad that gets it? is there some kind of bonus involved? If these questions have been answered elsewhere,. i apologize. thanks for your time.

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

Default Re: question about legendary swordsman event

All you need to do is get a unit,any unit to gain some Honour (I think it was 2 or 3 ) and youll get a legendary Swordsman , from which you can set up a Sword'smanpship school.
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

i realise nothing has been said here for a bit, but on the off chance someone is watching somewhere...
    is it possible to change a folder or two so that you don't need the event? ie is it coded like legions etc in rtw (ie they needed marian reforms)? or not
    Cheese is a kind of meat...

Oops: didn't realize this was such an old post when I typed my reply.

from a Google search

The legendary swordsman event has nothing to do with unit honour.

You may not realise it but STW actually keeps a seperate record of the performance of each of your individual soldiers. The unit honour and morale is only an average reflection of all the individuals in a unit.

The legendary swordsman event occurs only when an individual soldier reaches the required level of experience.

It is therefore possible for the average experience of a unit to rise without any individual reaching the standard required. It is also possible for one exceptional individual to reach the standard required without seeing a general improvement in the unit.

This also explains why some units appear to fight a heroic battle but not gain any honour. (dead hero's don't count).
    I always thought it occured when one of your soldiers (in any unit) had killed 10 enemy soldiers. I've gotten it on my very first battle and other times waited quite a while. Using your Daimyo to run down routing enemies seems to be a fast way of getting it.
    If you search the folders on your C: drive where Shogun is installed you'll find text (or log) files of all your battles. Those text files contain information on each soldier in each unit. I don't know if editing those files would help get you the event, but you can try.
    Last edited by phred; February 25, 2009 at 07:08 PM.