Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Unit

Civitate

No Dachi samurai, samurai archers, heavy cav and those samurai spearmen . That is the perfect army. My fav unit is warrior monks
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

I always had a soft spot for the geisha. I miss those mini movies in MTW and RTW. The atmoshere was far superior than in the other releases. Love to see an updated version to RTW standards with the same atmosphere, with out it, feed it to shedder, NOT SHOGUN. For me as a gamer atmosphere is everything it makes the game fun,entertaining and worth playing. I would pay the big bucks for an updated Shogun, if it had ATMOSHERE of the original. I hope some one from CA is reading.

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

Default Re: Favorite Unit

Definatly No Dachi ,there Warrior's from hell with a mission to behead every Pesant Ashiguru in sight.
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

penance_of_discord's Avatar Foederatus

yeah, i would definatly have to say no-dachi. Suicidal? yes. Awesome? absoutly. im looking forward to my next campaign, tho, where im going to get lots of musketters. i havent tried them yet. And as far as kensai go, the only way to use them, imho, is in squads of 6.

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Funnest thing to do is make a custom game, 16 Kensai v.s 16 Kensai. Truly epic duels there. :wink:

Naginta were really cool but couldn't survive without No-Dachi.

Fav has to be Battlefield Ninja's, only played campaign mode but for bridge battles send them over first and if you are careful you can get them to run along the bank and behind the enemy. Then when you are trying to get accross and the enemy is commited take some of them out.

So many family members fell to that one.

A lot of nice units in Shogun, but my favourite are probably Warrior Monks. Religion and war are a potent combination indeed.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

ShogunTaisho101's Avatar Laetus

Kensai, Warrior Monks, and the Heavy cavalry, Supported by the Cavalry archers the musketeers and the arquebus. Not only that but since i have a Shogun Campaign editor for Warlord Edition then i also have large armies of the Korean Heavy Cavalry supported by Thunder Bombers and Korean Skirmishers

Mr Longbowman's Avatar Campidoctor

Warrior monks=Death=Best

Mig el Pig's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Longbowman View Post
    Warrior monks=Death=Best
    unless they faced christian troops

The legendary geisha,because its the bloodiest assassin i've ever seen and in military the no-dachi and the warrior monk

Simple. Warrior Monks.

The three worst things in STW/MI were Geishas, Kensai and Battlefield Ninja.

I'm sure I'll be thought of by some here as daft, but Samurai Archers are probably my favorite unit overall. Their accuracy is deadly even from long distances, and they often fight surprisingly well in melee (when necessary).
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

Samurai Archers are elite and have pretty good stats overall. They can tackle Yari Ashigaru pretty easily.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Søren View Post
    I like musketeers the most.

The only problem with shogun is it has some silly units, such as the Geisha, which the A.I. doesn't know how to stop and the Kensai, a giant who can bring down 40 odd well trained samurii.
    Kenasi were sword saints...Capable of such things...It was a question of scaring the enemy with them, not killing them...

NAGINATA CAVALRY FTW!

Mori Warrior Monks!! i've never lost when i played as Mori and thinks its because of the monks. MONKS!!

Freddie's Avatar The Voice of Reason
    Patrician

Warrior Monks with support from light cavalry. No-Dachi were the by far the most useless unit in the game, they died to quickly and got owned by just about everything, at least peasant spearman served a purpose as arrow fodder for bridge battles.

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

Definitely Monks- I only ever went Christian a couple of times because I missed my precious monks!!
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

Battlefield ninjas because of their ability to specifically kill the general of the army. And kensais were amazing at bridges or at gates

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Definitely no-dachi they have great attack are nice and cheap and easy to train have great morale and have the coolest looking sprite. Usually half my army is no-dachi.

I love using muskets too en mass they destroy anything and look and sound good. there are few things better than setting up on a hill in a defensive battle with 8+ musketeers and some yari samiurai and watch everything just die.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; October 17, 2008 at 09:21 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast