Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2?? anyone else?

Default Re: Shogun 2?? anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by 2-D Ron View Post
    Whatever Era they choose next, I really want to see more Governing Ability, More Sim City Style Working of Cities and Electoral Processes.

Total Wars Battle sequences with Civ 4's Management skills would make any era look grand.
    AS long as they keep it in the period. The thing that brothered me about civ is that I felt like I was in history class rather than living out the life of a King or Emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by king spartacus View Post
    same here. But I really do want to see a rtw 2
    Europa Barbarorum II is in the making.

I haven't seen any Shogun 2 yet though. That would be awesome if someone made it.

the problem with a civ 4 thing is it requires you to research stuff. keep it retro in away by updating the graphics and stories, expand the map and history line. no need to jack an idea of a different company

KoS's Avatar Dux Limitis

Rome II: Total War and Greece: Total War were a few of the ideas that they were tossing around before they decided on Empire as the next one, so they'll likely come back to those in a couple of years' time.

But, yeah, Shogun II: Total War would be great. First of all, it would bring in some new people, what with the explosive growths in the fanbase caused by RTW and MIITW's respective releases. Secondly, it's been ten years since Shogun first came out, so naturally there would be considerably better graphics in a newer game (in all likelihood, a newer game engine as well.) And of course, who wants to play a ten year old game... that is, if you can after the Dawning of Vista.
    R.I.P. God Save The King (2008-2013)

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Taizu View Post
    I don't want another total war game that focuses mainly on Japan. It would be very nice to have a "Imperial China Total War". China would be a perfect choice for CA after Empire Total War is settled. China has 6000 years of recorded history, tons of bloody battles, hundreds of dynasties, and most of all, technological advancements over time which is one of the main things CA looks for when they research a new era. To be honest, I'm tired of European warfare for now.
    Agreed - it would be nice if there was a good hodgepodge of factions to choose from.

I'd like to see something from China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Tibet, India, and whatever else that could be squeezed out. If need be, you could throw in the Spanish.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

Either way, there isn't going to be a re-make of rome or shogun until player interest in rome and empires dies out.

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Quote Originally Posted by Drustan View Post
    Either way, there isn't going to be a re-make of rome or shogun until player interest in rome and empires dies out.
    That's not true. They made Medieval II even though quite a few people still play Medieval I hardcore.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

Logically, Empire TW should get a Napoleon TW extension pack. After that CA has to decide on a new era and game (unless, they've done it already). Intuitivelly, ancient/medieval Asia looks like the most likely "destination" for a new TW game. (I pray, it's not a modern warfare crap.) I'd welcome both Shogun 2 and China TW, though.

Remlap's Avatar Lag Slayer

The mod ran no jidai for rtw is basically as good as it will get for shogun 2 I think. CA would have a tough time out doing their devotion to the mod.

what im hoping for is a world total war that goes through all time periods and the entire world now that would be crazy sending marines against knights what a battle.

Foederatus

What Shogun's aspects you think better than R:TW?

Quote Originally Posted by Katene View Post
    two words: Throne Room.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightOfSicily View Post
    Rome II: Total War and Greece: Total War were a few of the ideas that they were tossing around before they decided on Empire as the next one, so they'll likely come back to those in a couple of years' time.

And of course, who wants to play a ten year old game... that is, if you can after the Dawning of Vista.
    Ugh...I thought the first Rome was bad enough. CA did a horrible job with Rome...it's too boring. I'd much rather play MTW or Shogun than Rome. Concerning Greece, though... Now that would be fun. I keep thinking about Rome's Alexander expansion (not fun ) and wonder why they didn't base their expansion off of the Peloponessian Wars or something...

If I want to play Rome, I'd rather go through the trouble of buying the new Europa Universalis game than to play my copy of CA's version.

Though you're wrong about Vista. I have a recently purchased Vista, and Shogun runs fine. Granted, the first few times I tried it, the campaign wouldn't start. But after that it all worked well. Anyone having troubles with it is having those troubles caused by something other than Vista. Most likely the trouble is something else, such as your graphics card not being able to handle the old game. It's anything other than Vista. And if you still have trouble running it...Find an emulator, if you can. Although I would like to see some sort of Shogun 2 or China: Total War.

Quote Originally Posted by Katene View Post
    Atmosphere.
    AI.
    Balance.
    Music, voicework, & sound.
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

I want to see a Future Total War Game..tactics would be pretty much no different then using muskets in Medieval 2 total war..fire at people at stuff..but more strategic cover and smaller squads or something i dunno...it might not work out good......
    But mostly I want the campaign to be more like civ4 in the way that it cycles through all the units and cities that u need to mess with every turn..so u dont forget to do things..and u dont spend forever trying to remember what else you need to do

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

I think Rome 2 would be much better. Also I want to be able to found my own cities. That was a cool part of civ

Default Asia/shogun 2 total war thread

Before I begin...I think there is a need for a 'future total war' section on this forum...to be seperate section from ETW section.

Ok...given that the 'what's next for total war thread' is a pretty general thread, and even those that support a asian based total war series has alot of divided opinions as well.

So this thread will be focusing on an asian total war, IF there is going to be one.

And given that the R2TW fans have a rome total war section to discuss about R2, it will be better for asian total war supporters to disscuss what they want with an asian total war game.

Do you want other shogun 2 that is based only in japan, or do you want an expansion of shogun to include china, korea and india?

Or do you want an asian total war in a different era, say during the song dynasty to ming dynasty, where the mongols advanced...and gunpowder weapons is used to a large extend? And also get the chance to play in the era of one of the best admiral around in history?

Or do you want a china total war, focusing on the warring states period, the 3 kingdom period, during the height of the HAN, or tang dynasty period?

So what kind of asia total war game do you guys want?

Let's discuss.

Default Re: Asia/shogun 2 total war thread

If they are going to do Shogun 2, then they better make something that has something with history.
    No more Geisha and Ninja crap.

After Medieval introduced a Europe wide campaign with multiple cultures a Shogun 2 limited to Japan would be, quite frankly, shitehouse. Now a campaign that covers Asia would be awesome, although I don't where would be the most western border would be - it would probably depend on the time period but I'd say somewhere around the Tigris and Euphrates rivers since west of that you had the Byzantine empire and Christendom proper. In terms of time, I'd say end of Tang to end of Ming dynasties gets you the several centuries that have the best balance of historical interest across the whole of the map and all the possible factions, ample historical documentation, and a gameplay paradigm that is not too wide (i.e. essentially medieval and some Renaissance style pike and shot warfare in some places, like Japan). I can see a Shogun 2 type thing with Japan and maybe Korea being an excellent sub-campaign though, Kingdoms style.

Robo1992's Avatar Decanus

I think if they are going to make a new shogun or Asia Total War then it has to span all the way to the Middle East and the edge of the Mediterranean.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast