Downloads: Rigid Model NotePad (tool) [updated again!]

Rigid Model NotePad (tool) [updated again!]

Uploaded by phazer - March 13, 2019
Author Author phazer
File Size File Size 608.3 KB
Downloads Downloads 458
+ Download
Rigid Model NotePad

(Some bugs sorted out, new version at same link, re-download for newest version, WH2 files now read/written)
Down it here https://mega.nz/#!CbRyCA7J!uJ3iQtHkV...xeNt6c4NZDJ2Sc

if google does not like the download from this site.
A tool for editing text strings in *.rigid_model_v2 files (texture names, internal folders, etc.)
So that one does not have to mess around with a hex editor to change these strings.

In stead of having to search through the
files with a hex editor, I have made this little program, that does it all for you with a few click.
You can see how it works on the picture:

Images

• Rigid Model NotePad (tool) [updated again!]

Comments

phazer
March 13, 2019 at 02:39 AM
Please report both minor and serious bugs in PM, thanks
phazer
March 14, 2019 at 02:44 PM
Or here....
Carmen Sylva
March 20, 2019 at 12:11 PM
Very useful.

Clodia_Metelli
Steph
March 21, 2019 at 02:01 AM
Does it allow using a path to a texture with a different size? Or are we still limited by this?
phazer
March 23, 2019 at 07:14 AM
Steph: You can enter whatever size you want for both paths and texture file names.
Both path and texture name length are managed by the program, so you CANNOT ruin a file (like you can with a hex editor) by entering longer or shorter names/paths. ( for example you can change a texture file name from "1234567890.dds" to "1234.dds" and the other way around with no problems, and the same for paths).

The program has the newest definition of the *.rigid_model_v2 file format known, so it is safe to enter anything you want in the edit boxes, you can even enter MORE than the file format's maximum of 256 characters for the combined text strings of path+texture file name, and it will be cropped instead of ruining the file.
A normal texture path+filename text string is around 60-90 characters, so 256 characters is really more than twice what is needed.

Does that answer you question?

phazer
March 23, 2019 at 07:16 AM
And thank you Clodia_Metelli, are your nick name taken from the married name of Clodius Pulcher's sister? (1st cent. BC plebian tribune)?

phazer
March 23, 2019 at 07:17 AM
*is
phazer
March 23, 2019 at 07:54 AM
BTW Thisis a still sort of a beta version, so I would be very grateful forreports of bugs or weird program behavior (if any) and also very muchfor input about desired new/different functionality/looks. It wouldalso be very helpful if you could give the tool to anyone that couldhave a use for it.

The toolshould be able to read and write rigid_model_v2 files from Rome 2,Atilla, WH2 and Thrones without issues, as I have tested it withthose files, it should also be able to read/write custom files inthose formats, I have tested it on all the custom files I could find.If you find any issues, then as I said I would very much like to hearabout them, so I can fix them ASAP
phazer
March 26, 2019 at 11:38 AM
If have updated the file, the older version has some issues with saving and this version fixes it and also adds copy/paste and undo with keyboard shortcuts. You should use this version to be sure of no save errors.
Carmen Sylva
March 27, 2019 at 12:28 PM
@phazer: Yet it is. These femme fatale.
Carmen Sylva
March 27, 2019 at 12:31 PM
@phazer: Yes it is. This femme fatale.
Thanks a lot. I will download the latest version.
phazer
March 30, 2019 at 08:25 AM
Clodia_Metelli. Awesome. I have read a lot about Clodia and her younger brother Clodius Pulcher, their family name was actually "Claudius" with "au", but they changed it to score points with the lower class plebeian voters who often pronounced "au" as "o".
Carmen Sylva
March 30, 2019 at 11:46 AM
Yeah, one of the famoust women in roman history, although i think too stereotypical negative described by Cicero and others.

Your tool is a gods gift, i'm using it a lot because ist soll time saving.
Carmen Sylva
March 30, 2019 at 11:49 AM
Because its so time saving!
phazer
March 31, 2019 at 08:40 AM
Clodia_Metelli: Yeah, Cicero used her as a scapegoat in his courtroom speeches to get his clients off the hook, although I think he personally might have had more respect for her than the sources reveal, as he kept doing business with her AFTER the hateful courtroom speeches.