Downloads: Great Empires Total War

Great Empires Total War

Uploaded by ramtha - May 05, 2007
Author Author ramtha
File Size File Size 14.44 MB
Downloads Downloads 2,145
+ Download
Great Empires Total War:

This is a very minor mod, there will not be any further updates of this, (unless people demand it), this is not for historical accuracy, so I don't want to hear any complaints about it not being accurate.

Mod Description: This mod is aimed at getting rid of the lesser factions, and making it a clash between giant powers. There's only 9 factions in this, all start out with huge empires, the pope is not in this, to allow clashes between catholics to be just as common as other factions. Thi starts out in the late era, with lots and lots of buildings and techs built, all settlements are completely different, they all have tons of variety between them in what's built for each.

Mod Features:

Campaign:

Sicily, Milan, Papacy, Portugal, Scotland, Denmark, Poland, Hungary, mongols, timurids have all been taken out of the campaign.

Late era campaign, 1317 - 1453.
Alot of high techs built and higher level cities with high population.
Lots of variety between buildings.
No rebel settlements anywhere.
Increased character/agent/army movement distance by alot.
Dismounted Gothic Knights now recruitable.
The factions in this mod 9 of them, all start out with large empires.

See it here...

Battle:

A revamped battle system, does the following:

Slows unit movement speed down by alot.
Increased defense and lowered kill/hit ratio for way longer lasting melee battles.
Decreased cavalry charges by increasing mass of infantry and lowering the charge of cavalry, this prevents them from wiping out an entire unit of inf in one charge.
Elite units will now decimate non elites very easily, and not losing barely any casualties while doing so... as it should be... basically, to win against elites, you need elites.
Morale tweaked for only elites to have good and excellent morale, lower units have very low morale.

Installation: Make sure you have 1.2 patch installed, then download the mod, then extract the files to your main mtw2 directory.

Use the batch file "GreatEmpires.bat" to use the mod.

Images

None

Comments

Frogjager
May 05, 2007 at 12:43 PM
looks really cool
Iberus_generalis
May 05, 2007 at 07:26 PM
by taking away alot of important factions off the campaign you lost all the historical reallity, and unbalanced the map...End Result...very poor
zowrath
May 06, 2007 at 05:37 AM
@Ramtha: A nice twist, we needed this too

@Iberus: That's just trolling, he stated that comments like this was not called for.
ramtha
May 06, 2007 at 07:14 PM
thanks zowrath.

@Iberius_generalis, stop your spamming.
Templar Knight
May 10, 2007 at 08:07 PM
Cool I will try it soon
King_StuvartiniusIII
May 16, 2007 at 11:22 AM
It looks OK, only I think that Hungery should be in instead of Byzantines, Turks should have all the Turkish peninsular (sorry, don't know real name). I also think poland should have a lots of land. If you ever change your mind and make another mod like this please bare my thoughts in mind, if not, doesnt matter LOL!
Tey_Guy_Tr
May 31, 2007 at 12:19 PM
King_StuvartiniusIII

u said Turks should have all the Turkish peninsular (sorry, don't know real name). it is anatolia (anadolu)

this mod is very good. But i cant download :S
Tey_Guy_Tr
May 31, 2007 at 12:22 PM
King_StuvartiniusIII
u said Turks should have all the Turkish peninsular (sorry, don't know real name).

it is anatolia (turkish = anadolu)

and i cant download plz put a download link
Tey_Guy_Tr
May 31, 2007 at 12:23 PM
King_StuvartiniusIII

u said Turks should have all the Turkish peninsular (sorry, don't know real name).

and i cant download plz put download link
Tey_Guy_Tr
King_StuvartiniusIII

Tey_Guy_Tr
King_StuvartiniusIII

*Cpt. Cholesterol*
June 12, 2007 at 11:33 AM
i like this idea, it sounds quite good and at iberus, he said it wasn't aimed at being historical, don't flame him for being unrealistic, the whole point of the mod. Entertaining it seems, though this would be truly maximised with sb2eans (sp?) map with 196 regions, that would truly be epic anywho's, thanks for this, try making a mod like this with the s2bean map it will be awesome thanks.
The Acklay
July 07, 2007 at 07:30 AM
The Acklay
July 07, 2007 at 07:32 AM
well it looks good but it's not for me i like the more factions the better
176-167
April 30, 2009 at 10:37 AM

the more factions the better