Downloads: Add More Factions to Regions&ProvincesMod v2.3 (ad

Add More Factions to Regions&ProvincesMod v2.3 (ad

Uploaded by Rob_the_Celt - April 16, 2007
Author Author Rob_the_Celt
File Size File Size Unknown Size
Downloads Downloads 4,371
+ Download
This mod adds Serb, Cilician Armenian, Kingdom of Jerusalem, Irish and Khazarian factions to the Sweden and Mali factions in Regions&ProvincesMod v2.3. It also replaces Ireland with more historically accurate version.

This mod is basically an add-on to Sb2eans Regions&ProvincesMod v2.3 (BigMapVersion), install that and paste the contents of this mod into the Medieval 2 folder to overwrite the required files.

BillyDillys BD Heraldry v2_AddOn - Extra Factions add-on also adds heraldry for all regions, royal titles and added ancillaries for all factions.

You will need to replace expanded.txt in RegionModBM\data\text with the version found here and then delete all txt.strings.bin files in the Text folder.

Patch 1 for “add more factions mod” for “Region & Provinces Mod 2.3 BigMap”
- by Rob_the_Celt and Dimitri_Harkov

Patch 2: missing skins and unit cards: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RH194NMA

Installation: Extract the .rar in your “RegionModBM”-folder (located in your Medieval II root directory) and overwrite files, where necessary.

Contents:

Khazar:
- Dismounted archers are militia units now (also for the mongols)
- Pagan priest available (recruitable in town hall)
- changed bodyguard unit to ee bodyguard

KoJ:
- Religion changed to catholic
- can build churches and train priests now
- changed bodyguard unit to se bodyguard
- moved the king out of Accre - his original starting position caused ctds for unknown reasons, sometimes, and a graphics bug, always (at least on my machine).
- missle units available now

Serbia:
- changed bodyguard unit to ne bodyguard
- low level barracks may train slav levies now
- changed slav levies to militia unit
- can build town halls and train diplomats now

Mali:
- changed bodyguard unit to me bodyguard

Armenia:

Bulgar:
- low level barracks may train slav levies as militia units now

General:
- almost all ctd-issues solved
- missing captain banners added
- every faction is now able to convert cities to castles and castles to cities.

known bugs:
- serbia: random ctds of unknown origin
- lots of skins and unit cards are missing
- the names of some factions’ starting characters not displayed
- correct names for new factions missing
- all added agents use byzantine models&colors
- armenian & bulgarian religious buildings & agents not translated correctly (‘Not meant for this culture’)

Let us know if you come across any further bugs.

The factions I’ve added are not all 100% finished (some need family names and some units need descriptions) as I haven’t got enough info to be sure they are all accurate and give a fair representation, but all are playable. You may need to go to descr_strat or descr_sm_factions to make the faction you want to play as playable. If anyone has any extra information on any of these factions and can add to them please do.

I replaced the Irish faction as I wanted to portray the Irish at the time as accurately as possible and make them fight as the Irish did, which other mods so far have failed to do in my opinion. Many unit models could use more accurate models and textures but hopefully will be able to sort that at some stage to be more realistic.

I haven’t used the Normans template, so any faction you want can be added over them using the tutorial here. It might be possible to add more faction templates but I haven’t tried.

If anyone wants to use any of what I’ve done here be my guest, pm me to let me know what you want to use.

Images

None

Comments

pouya
April 16, 2007 at 12:44 PM
thanks for this grait job but after almost 25 turn i ve got ctd and also general body gaurds dont have skin
Fearless79
April 16, 2007 at 08:33 PM
The mod looks great but for some reason the ability to convert the settlement from castle to city or vise versa doesnt exist. Was it meant to be that way? if so how can i change that?
Rob_the_Celt
April 17, 2007 at 04:32 AM
@ pouya; I'll sort out the skins when I get a chance, what faction doesn't have them? Have no idea why you got a ctd, is there anything in the log file?

@ Fearless79; Never checked for that, assumed it was okay. I'll take a look at the export descr building file and see if I can sort that out.
pouya
April 17, 2007 at 08:56 AM
hi rob first of all i am playin as khazarian which is made it playable, until years 1158 everythin wasok then when i try togo to next turn i gethin ctd just i have to say i had jeuresalem kingdom under seage for 9 trun and then when i go to next trun the time that jerusalem kingdom try toatack me i gethin this total war encontered an unspecified error.....
gaki
April 17, 2007 at 03:57 PM
Perfect mod but does't work correctly. Please, please, please - fix it...
Fearless79
April 17, 2007 at 09:33 PM
so when i said that the option to convert settlements from castles to cities and vice versa it must only be a problem with the Irish. I started a new campaign with Sicily and I was able to convert settlements......Hope this helps in anyway
Rob_the_Celt
April 18, 2007 at 04:04 AM
@ pouya; I don't know why you're getting ctd, I've checked both of those factions and cannot recreate any error. I thought it might be due to a reference to a unit model for the Kingdom of Jerusalem that doesn't exist but cannot find anything. The only time I got ctd was due to my video settings being set too high but if you have played to 1158 thats not likely to be your problem. I'll keep looking for anything that might be causing your problem and let you know if I find anything.

@ Fearless; I thought the option to convert settlements is edited from the export_descr_building file, the Irish are based on the saxons from the prologue who are covered under Northern_European and I assumed that would work, but it looks like I'm wrong. Haven't found out why yet.

@ gaki; besides the problems mentioned, hav you come across anything else that doesn't work right?

I'm starting a thread here to see if anyone can give some info on how to sort these problems out http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93945
l RICo l
April 19, 2007 at 07:41 PM
please? add the <Zeph's The Teutonic Order> in your mod!!! and Ultimat AI , pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease
Rob_the_Celt
April 20, 2007 at 07:50 AM
Zeph's The Teutonic Order is for use in the Clouds Across Europe mod only, I don't have permission to add it. Sorry.
l RICo l
April 21, 2007 at 01:45 AM
how about Ultimat AI ??
Rob_the_Celt
April 23, 2007 at 05:27 AM
Right now it uses Darth AI which is in the Regions&ProvincesMod, if I ever manage to sort out the ctd problems I'll see about adding Ultimate AI.
Think the ctds are due to a map routing problem but they always seem to happen on the Kingdom of Jerusalems turn so could be something to do with them too.
Rob_the_Celt
April 25, 2007 at 04:37 AM
Sorted out the ctds when attacking/ being attacked by certain factions, I messed up in expanded.txt, so I edited the first post with a link to the updated file.
3a_Cp6ujy
April 25, 2007 at 07:20 PM
i just downloaded and great work Rob, if u are still interested in updating Serbian faction message me tomorrow, congrats
Dimitri_Harkov
April 27, 2007 at 08:37 AM
Congrats on this really great mod! I really can´t wait 'til your mod covers the whole map with factions - no rebels left!

I´ve noticed some minor bugs: Khazar and Mali have no general's bodyguard assigned to their characters. That's why they die out quite soon (or, if they are human-controlled, they suffer from CTDs).

A quick fix of the "export_descr_unit" file solved the problem. Just added Khazar/Mali to EE Bodyguard/ME Bodyguard respectively.

Greetings, D.
mickyminge
April 27, 2007 at 04:05 PM
Well done on a great mod. Go Ireland!!!

For some reason however it crashes to desktop about 100 years into the campaign. It stops at the KoJ turn. Would removing KOJ solve this???