Downloads: MTW Classic 5.0, three campaigns, new mercenary sy

MTW Classic 5.0, three campaigns, new mercenary sy

Uploaded by ramtha - April 15, 2007
Author Author ramtha
File Size File Size 3.53 MB
Downloads Downloads 1,201
+ Download
Read and post suggestions/comments/problems/concerns in this thread...
http://twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93411

MTW Classic Total War 5.0

This mod is designed and aimed to make mtw2 as much like mtw1 as possible, this is not for realism, or historic accuracy, it is simply aimed toward a more medieval and mtw1 feeling.

This mod Contains all three sperated campaign eras that you can select from.
Every campaign era is totally different, different starting positions, buildings to start out with.
The units match the eras too...

Early era: No crossbows or arbalesters, longbows, late era units, gunpowder, later armoured units, pikes, halberdiers, Some later elites for faction such as janissaries, and swiss armoured pikemen, gothic knights, lancers, etc will not
be available AT ALL in this era...

Now you might think "won't the early era be lacking in units" not at all!

in fact it's my favorite era, now because later techs and chivalric knight style units aren't available, certain other factions have the extreme unit advantage.

The byzantines have varangian guards, kataphracts, and much more.
Almohads have urban militia, christian guards and that makes them awesome.
the feudal knights and feudal foot knights are the leading power of the catholic factions.
egypt is very dominant because of the mamluks... not much in this era can compete.
novgorod relies on boyars and druzina.
sicily uses norman knights which can beat most catholic factions for this era.
and certain other factions do lack in unit strength in this era like the turks, and possibly novgorod.
the danes are able to have good units still while using the vikings and huscarls.

Starting positions for early era: Very similiar to vanilla, somewhat differnt and aragon and the swiss have been placed properly.
Also, the russians are not in this, they are known as "The People of Novgorod" instead.

High Era: Crossbows, longbows, chivalric knights, armored clergy, noble knights, polish knights, and units of the like are now available.

For this eras units, the feudal knight no longer dominates catholic armies, it is now belonging to the Chivalric knight.
other factions now can use some of their distinct units, and crossbows and arbalests have become the dominant missiles.
the english are a deadly force now thanks to their longbows, which can outdo most crossbows.
the french have their distinct noble knights now available...

starting positions: Russia owns a bit more land, the french own antioch and the isle of cyprus, byzantium is starting to decay, england is beginning to expand by starting with a few more regions, aragon and spain have expanded, egypt has expanded, and a few other changes all refering to the 100 years that have passed.

Lots of buildings to start with, and high population levels.

Mongol invasion will begin in 30 years!!! So be prepared!
Gunpowder and really late era units including halbers, pikes, will NEVER be available to use in this era!

Late Era: All units available, except musketeers which I purposely disabled for "MTW1" reasons, one unit "the varangian guard" will no longer be available as it was in mtw1.

So once again all units from early to late era are now available in the late era campaign except...
Varangian guards, and musketeers.

Huge and almost all buildings to start with and Huge population levels.

Now for the list of gameplay changes:

Battle:

Contains Darth Vader's battle AI, it improves the battle ai 100 fold... also:
Contains darth vader's battle system that makes for realistic cavalry charges,
more smoother and frantic looking melee animations,
better unit balancing,
increased armour and defense for longer lasting battles.
Also his projectile system that makes arrows, crossbows, etc.. more realistic.

Now I have made some changes to this to reflect mtw1 more:

All units have stats according to how they were in mtw1,
meaning "ghazis" for example, are now an elite unit, swiss pikemen are now very very tough, and every other unit has been changed accordingly.

Now I have also increased the attack and defense for all elite units, therefore you will not see lower class units even being able to contend with elites... elites will lose few casualties against non elites.

Now for the units and factions changes as in units given to factions, and recruitable in buildings:

Kwarizimian cavalry is recruitable by mongols, egypt, turks.
Lancers now available to Aragon and spain as well as france.
Arquebusiers available to EVERY faction except the mongols.
Pavise arbalesters available to EVERY faction except the turks.
Ghazi infantry an elite unit, now available to egypt.
hospitaller knights are recruitable in the kings stables by the germans and the italians only.
Templar knights are recruited from the kings stables for england and france only.
teutonic knights recruitable from the kings stable for the germans.
Knights of santiago recruited from the kings stable for aragon and spain.
Hashashins are recruited by almohads, egypt, and turks in the royal armoury.
Swiss pikemen, swiss halberdiers, and swiss armoured pikemen recruited by both the papacy and the swiss.
Teutonic Sergeants available for the germans.
Teutonic foot sergeants for the germans.
Feudal Men at Arms is recruitable for all catholic factions and russia.
Bedouin Camels for egypt.
Bulgarian Brigands for russia.
Steppe Cavalry for russia, turks, mongols.
Pikemen(not militia, the real deal that the french use) given to england,
russia, spain, hungary, poland, germany, and of course france.
conquistadors and dismounted conquistadors recruitable in Europe for spain and aragon.
Gothic Foot Knights recruitable in campaign for the germans.

Faction changes:

Milan replaced by "The Swiss" - all renamed units that are distinct.
Portugal replaced by "The Aragonese" - all renamed units that are distinct.
The moors are now known as the Almohads.
Russia has a different name for the different eras.
The Papacy(pope) can now go on crusades!...and they are quite obsessed with it.
Scotland is not in this anymore, to relfect mtw1 not because they weren't important.
Venice is now replaced as The Italians.

Campaign changes and other info:

This uses the Ultimate AI diplomacy and faction reputations mod...
BUT... I hated the passive ai in the ultimate AI mod so I used darth vader's campaign ai, thus making a much better ai and allowing the diplomatic modifying of the ultimate ai to combine in one.
This is the best ai, doesn't get any better.

Other Great Changes:

A Brand New Mercenary System!!!
No longer will you see the dullness of "crossbows spearmen, crossbows spearmen, yawn"
Now, every mercenary unit is recruitable in EVERY region.
ALL mercenaries for ALL regions.

This reflects mtw1 even more!

Rebels can now be taken prisoner, released, executed, and ransomed accordingly.

This uses Dearmad's "Bloods, broads, and bastards" mod, it brings back the titles feature and tons of other traits.

Special thanks: To Selenius4tsd for his seperation campaign eras.
To Darth Vader, for his awesome battle system, battle ai, and campaign AI.
And to GrandViz for his Diplomacy mod.
And to Dearmad for his "Bloods, broads, and bastards mod"

Now just download from this link...
http://files.filefront.com/MtwClassi.../fileinfo.html

Then extract the files to your main mtw2 directory... it will make three modfolders they are...
"MtwEarlyEra"
"MtwHighEra"
"MtwLateEra"

there's the correct batchfiles with each one, common sense you'll get it.
The whole mod with all three campaigns comes out to only 37 MB!

Very nice considering it's three campaigns.

Attention! This mod uses UI and battle_models editing which will be directed to your main mtw2/data that will overwrite them.

Make a backup copy of your UI folder, and your battle_models file that is located in your unit model folder.

Changes from 4.0:

Fixed alot of spelling errors and other minor bugs.
Fixed a possible music bug.
A brand new mercenary system.
steppe cavalry, pikemen added for other factions.
Includes the changes from patch 4.6.

A Possible problem, read here to learn to fix it:

Some people have the problem with this mod that swiss units, pavise arbalesters, and other units given to other factions are not visible in battle(when using the factions that recently recieved them).

To fix this problem, a little inconvient, but not too bad, AND ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE PROBLEM, then do this:
Make a backup copy of your unpacked files in your mtw2/data folder, if you wish to save them...
you do not need to backup the sounds, cursors, animations, or fvm.
Now an easy way instead of backing up your entire world folder, is to just back up the files in it...
descr_strat, descr_events, descr_mercernaries, descr_campaign_script and descr_win_conditions.

Then choose from the three campaign eras you wish to use, late high or ealy, and go into the folder for example mtwLateEra, then copy the data folder in it and paste it over the data in your main mtw directory.

Then make batch file called mtw2.bat and have the following lines already in it...
medieval2.exe --io.file_first

then play it through that.

If you wish to change eras, then just go into the era folder..
MtwHighEra(for example) copy the data folder in it and paste it over the data in the mtw2 directory...it will overwrite EVERYTHING in the old era that was in it so don't worry.

Note again: You only need to install 5.0, you don't need 4.0...get rid of 4.0 if you are using it.

This is made for 1.1, but can possibly work with 1.2, just make sure you make a back up copy of your world folder if you wish to try it with 1.2, no one is sure yet if it is compatible with 1.2

feel free to inform me if it works or not with 1.2

this is only 37 MB altogether, so it is very good considering three mod folders.

Images

None

Comments

ramtha
April 15, 2007 at 07:03 AM
this is the best mod ever!!!
:german: :german: :smileybri :smileybri
apo_hd
April 15, 2007 at 10:06 AM
Good work!
ramtha
April 15, 2007 at 10:12 PM
Thanks apo_hd.

At everyone else: Ignore the flamer that gave this a bad grade, there's flamers that do that with lots of mod in the dl section, even lands to conquer has been given bad grades by these "flamers"

They are called "serfs", they are not even members of the twcenter, they just go through these downloads and flame and give bad grades.
republic_bohemia
April 16, 2007 at 03:17 PM
Thank you borther,I love your mod,it's my top one of the list now,you replaced RTJ you beat on the number one1 list of my mod chart,Great Job keep it up!
republic_bohemia
April 16, 2007 at 03:17 PM
republic_bohemia
April 16, 2007 at 03:25 PM
By the way Medieval I is my favirite Total War game,Medieval II only offers the graphics in my perspective,and you amost turned my favorite Total war game into Medieval II,onces more thank you.

In the future I will send feedbacks about bugs and if Pacth 1.2 works bye.
republic_bohemia
April 16, 2007 at 06:04 PM
Got bad news for the people who are planing to use this Mod with patch 1.2,the custom battles work,but the Campaign does not work it will exit and say erro unspecified.
But thats aright with me and people using patch 1.2 because every bug I know of and other people know off is realy fixed,like the diplomacy actually works.
To install patch 1.2 you have to not have patch 1.1,so unstall your game and just reinstall it and install patch 1.2 ,there you go ta da,just how mode won't work,but preaty much eles is fixed!
republic_bohemia
April 16, 2007 at 06:07 PM
Remneber to save your game date to a another folder, before installing patch 1.2
ramtha
April 17, 2007 at 12:30 AM
wow thanks republic!

Yes my apologies that it doesn't work with 1.2, I wasn't sure if it would or not, as it was built on 1.1

as soon as I get 1.2 from the official release I will begin converting it to that patch.
pouya
May 02, 2007 at 09:15 AM
one of perfect mod thanks alot
Tey_Guy_Tr
May 31, 2007 at 12:26 PM
Boztorgai_Khan
June 12, 2007 at 07:03 PM
DOWNLOAD LINK IS DEAD..