Downloads: Regions&ProvincesMod v2.3 (BigMapVersion)

Regions&ProvincesMod v2.3 (BigMapVersion)

Uploaded by sb2ean - April 07, 2007
Author Author sb2ean
File Size File Size 60.95 MB
Downloads Downloads 7,199
+ Download
-- Info ---
Adds 3 new factions Ireland , Sweden and The Mali Empire
Adds 88 Regions/citys with garrisons making the total 196 regions -
Malta ,Majorca, Kazan, Astrakhan, Ukak, Tver, Badajoz ,Kronstadt, Berwick, Welsh March,
Pisa, Lyon, Holstien, Meath, Visby(Gotland) Cologne ,Cumania , Fezzan

Adds extra units to England (eventually all factions)
Historical region names & faction names
Mercenary changes
More Tweaks
Uses the latest DarthAI - 1.3D (included txt on removel)

ver2.3 (bigmap) changes/fixes

Ireland battle skins
Ireland Shields
Mali Shields
Mali battle skins
Ireland sprites
Added Some more units to Ireland
Mali sprites
fixed some swedish sprites
fixed the Welsh Ruta
changed the scots mercs list
lowered character action points
Moved Belgrade & Temesvar to correct positions
Moved Mecca & Medina
Added the River Shannon in Ireland
Changed Kurdistan to Diyarbekir region
moved Captain Davey
groundtype Map changes
minor regionmap changes
Names list
removed the dismounted feudal's at start
EDB & EDU changes
expanded.txt fixed.

-- More Info , comments & feedback---

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=356

Alternative Filefront downloadlink for those having trouble with Rapidshare

-- http://files.filefront.com/RPM_BMv23.../fileinfo.html

Also:
BillyDilly has done the good job of converting
Dearmad/Puntmasters BBB1.9 to work with this BigMapVersion
you can download BD_v1.0 here -
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1280

Images

• Regions&ProvincesMod v2.3 (BigMapVersion)

Comments

Wiezma
April 08, 2007 at 05:41 AM
excellent work
kmthorpe
April 08, 2007 at 04:07 PM
The Big Map mods are my favourites, this is great work. Can I make some additional suggestions for future ones:

Why not introduce the Bretons of Brittany? They would start with Brest and Rennes with Rennes as the capital. The Bretons are Celts like the Cornish, Welsh, Irish and Scottish, with their own language. Many were refugees from England when the Angles and Saxons arrived. Brittany was an independent kingdom from 491 and became a duchy in 992; it was absorbed by France in 1532.

Breton troops made up a third of the troops, the whole left wing of William the Conqueror's army at the Battle of Hastings; their archers were noted in this battle for their accuracy though they ran out of arrows; the Bretons also had some javelin/spear throwing troops there as well as standard spearmen. In the mid-12th century the Bretons were noted as having 'balistarius' troops, i.e. crossbowmen. Like the Normans they introduced mounted knights in the 11th century. However, even in the 14th century some Breton knights were noted as carrying battle axes. The Bretons were noted for their wooden castles, even in the 11th century, possibly a result of the many local conflicts in the country; there was loads of dynastic rivalry and intrigues. Many Breton nobles received land in East Anglia after the Norman conquest of England.

Breton knights feature in legends of King Arthur and Sir Lancelot is sometimes portrayed as being Breton; Breton knights also appear in much 'courtly love' poetry: Tristan in 'Tristan and Isolde' is Breton. Breton knights were advisors to King Edward the Confessor of England. Brittany worked with both England and France at different times of the Hundred Years War and there were strong links to England throughout the Middle Ages. The dukes also married into the Scottish royal family. Given regular changes of dynasty the country was weakened making it liable to take over, though it held off the French for centuries. Four of its dukes were called Conan, though the Bretons were not noted as barbarians. They participated in the Crusades when conflict at home permitted, i.e. not during the 1180s.

The Breton flag from the 1230s was a black St. George's Cross on a white background (the negative of the Cornish flag). Breton soldiers were noted as using black shields as early as the 9th century. The Dreux dynasty which came to power in Brittany in the 1230s also used the black 'ermine tails' on white background on banners as featured in the modern Breton flag. The Dreux line also included their own blue and yellow checks on some banners.

The other suggestion is rather than having Dorchester as the city for eastern South-West England, have Winchester. It is 40 miles or so East of Dorchester and was the capital of Wessex and power base of the Godwinsons; Dorchester is and remains a small town without a cathedral. Harold Godwinson was the King Harold that William the Conqueror defeated. Winchester cathedral was started in 1079 and rivalled any church in London. Queen Mary I was married to King Philip II of Spain there in 1554, which shows its continuing importance. Winchester was and remains a prosperous town. It would be roughly due North of the port that you currently have on the map for Dorchester. Nowadays this port is Southampton and it is linked to Winchester by the motorway the M3, reflecting continuity in history in terms of importance.
Ace Of Hearts
April 08, 2007 at 10:40 PM
hey I just had a quick question, Ive installed your mod with no problems but every time I go to the select factions page and pick a faction and hit the start button the game freezes, any suggestions?
l RICo l
April 09, 2007 at 03:41 AM
sb2eansuper mod!!!!

----Uses the latest DarthAI - 1.3D (included txt on removel)---- thank for this
crucify_ego
April 10, 2007 at 09:41 AM
i have a question/ will this mod install over patch 1.1? or do i need some other one first?
adamsleath
April 11, 2007 at 06:33 AM
currently using prior regionsprovinces mod....much appreciated; the game is much better with more cities

i installed it over 1.1 patch.....i assume 2.3 version would be similar...
apo_hd
April 13, 2007 at 08:53 AM
I have the same problem as Ace of Hearts, my screen freezes when i choose faction and push start. I have only this mod on my computer and a fresh copy of MTW2, please help
gothic676
April 13, 2007 at 10:11 AM
I think the screen is freezing because it has to make the map (sb2ean didn't include it for faster downloading so the computer must create it after you hit the start button, but it should only take long after the first load). I am just curious as to how long it takes because it's been 80 min so far for me waiting...
apo_hd
April 13, 2007 at 12:51 PM
The problem i think is in the descr_strat. All factions exept mongols aztecs and timurs must be put in playable and must be removed ;
I did this and the game runs now
King_StuvartiniusIII
April 15, 2007 at 07:54 AM
Sorry for sounding like a noob, but what is a "bigmap" mod? does it change the map or is it just called that to confuse me?
KnightsofEngland
April 21, 2007 at 04:49 PM
is it possible to implement this with the english redressed mod, as putting them together took me a whole day and a failed, now im pis@@ed
Dimitri_Harkov
April 27, 2007 at 08:39 AM
Great mod! Can't await the next version.
Axis89
May 02, 2007 at 05:39 PM
This Mod is GREAT! BUT PPL PLEASE HEAR ME OUT!

Now that Sweden and Denmark is added, i really would like to se Norway added too. And Norway should be atleast 2 provinces, and a maximum of three......being most importantly Bergenshus(westcoast province) and capital province Akershus......and if a 3rd province, Bohuslen.....

Bergen was Norway's biggest city at the time but Oslo was the capital......
Bohuslen is Swedish today, but the city there should be Marstrand.....

Anyway how it's done......I primarely want NORWAY added, after all they werent a poor :wub:* country at that time, actually they were quite powerfull..... I am Half Norwegian and half Portuguese so played Portugal too much now, and want my home country too....

Just a big wish....... Please read and consider! Many Thanks!
sithlord447
May 13, 2007 at 06:35 AM
i have the same freezing bug as ace of hearts and apo_hd.I changed the descr_strat so there in the playable but still same thing any body have any body no how to help ???????????
lord_foster
May 22, 2007 at 03:51 AM
Is it possible to just have Ireland and Sweden or just Ireland in this?