Downloads: Portvcale v0.2

Portvcale v0.2

Uploaded by Boicote - February 28, 2007
Author Author Portuguese Community
File Size File Size 95.20 MB
Downloads Downloads 7,371
+ Download
Portvcale v0.2 is now available to download!

Features:

- 9 new factions: Navarre, Aragon, Bohemia, Cumans, the Crusaders, Novgorod, Pisa, Genoa and Lithuanians. ( note: these factions will use textures already included in the original game).

- The “Spain” faction was replaced by Castile & Leon and the “Russia” faction by Kievan Rus.
- More realistic colour scheme for France and Denmark

- The campaign begins in 1143 e takes place in a map with new regions spread throughout Europe (Note: it is impossible to conquer the Sahara Desert and the Arabian Desert; it is only possible to conquer Arguin in the Age of Discoveries)

- More pirates and less random rebel spawning but with a more active setting: they will attack if the opportunity rises and keep themselves fortified in case of numeric inferiority.
- Mongols have a higher tendency to invade the East and Central Europe

- Rebel cities evolve and recruit troops
- New loading screens
- New quotes
- Accurate genealogical trees of all the royal families present in 1143.
- The mod which makes the generals get older one year per turn is included. To compensate for the ageing their movement range has been enlarged.
- Included a combination of the Ultimate AI mod with a compact version of Darth Mod’s AI and diplomacy.
- Merchants generate more income.
- The regions of southern France have a higher percentage of heresy to represent Cathar influence.
- Abolition of monarchy in Venice, Genoa, Milan, Pisa and Novgorod. Generals for these factions are now recruited at the “Mayor’s Chambers”
- Small alterations in character names.
- Growth speed of towns has been set lower.
- Loading game bar bug fixed.
- Shield bug fixed.
- Faction Heir bug reported by Julius Isidrus on version 0.1 has been fixed.
- All archers of European factions can deploy sharpened stakes before the battle starts.
- Cannon Elephants were removed from the game.
- New portrait for D.Afonso Henriques
- The main Portuguese unit are the “Portuguese Knights”

Instructions:

-You must have the game updated to the version 1.1!!
-Download the file Portvcale v0.2.exe and Double click on it..
-Manually browse the installer to install it where you have your main game directory
-Double click in the new shortcut that will appear in your desktop
-Play!

Discussion:

In English: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86013

In Portuguese: http://www.portclan.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6434

Images

• Portvcale v0.2
  • Portvcale v0.2

Comments

Sir_Thomas
March 01, 2007 at 04:55 PM
This certainly looks good. One of the more novel approches to the period. I'll try it out on the weekend.
Sir_Thomas
March 01, 2007 at 06:23 PM
Just loaded up the mod. A lot of great work has gone into this mod. It uses the small map, however, and it has only a small number of settlements. I'd like to see a BigMap version with Malta, Palma, Messina, Nicosia, and more.
For now, I'm back to the LongRoad. :hmmm:
Mojo_582
March 01, 2007 at 06:50 PM

Yes great looking mod but agree with sir thomas about how much nicer it would be if the large map were implemented,ive never been a fan of extra movement as it takes away alot of the strategy on the campain map when stacks appear from nowhere constantly (have played a mod with enlarged movement) and that the generals age even faster was a put off as well.
pouya
March 02, 2007 at 04:22 PM
hi this is one of great mod i love it good job man thanks a lot i just wondering is that posibel to play as pisa or the Crusaders or not if is not could u please make it happen thanks man i realy love this mod
Boicote
March 02, 2007 at 06:37 PM
Yes great looking mod but agree with sir thomas about how much nicer it would be if the large map were implemented
I will seriously think about it.

i just wondering is that posibel to play as pisa or the Crusaders or not if is not could u please make it happen thanks man i realy love this mod
You can find the tutorial here.
pouya
March 03, 2007 at 05:09 AM
hi thanks for tip this mod is awsom
Ali_the_English
March 03, 2007 at 06:08 AM
This mod looks excellent. I was wondering if you could combine it with a mod such as sb2ean's RegionsProvincesMod_v2.1 so that there would be a lot more regions to conquer. :hmmm:
Byz
March 03, 2007 at 08:27 AM
More regions and a bigger map would definitely be a huge improvement. Also, reskin mods from various factions (rebels, Byzantines, Italian states, etc) and blood, diplomacy&AI, titles mods would be great too. This looks like a really nice mod but I hope some day somebody will combine all the best little mods into one. More factions is always better though, I constantly feel ---alone--- when playing a campaign.
Lord_Nesterov
March 03, 2007 at 10:07 AM
How much provinces are in this mod?
King_StuvartiniusIII
March 04, 2007 at 01:17 PM
Nice mod, a lot of hard work obviously went into it !! However:
The movement radius needs to be fixed (it is currently a square and should be circular, and fleets can go outside the movement radius, then come back in (sounds weird, so I'll give an example: say you have a fleet parked in Venice, you want to blockade Pisa because they aren't your friends. The area around Pisa is green, but you must go past Sicilly to get there, and the waters around there are not green. If you right click and make your fleet move to Pisa, and it moves through these waters, even though they are "inaccessible".
Sometimes generals can move outside the movement radius (this may happen with other units aswell, not sure).
The Holy Roman Empire's land cannot be seen, unless you are in it, even when you have map information or are playing as HRE.
Please change Pisa, Genoa, The Crusaders ECT flags from the standard rebel one.
Apart from those few mistakes the game seems very good, ta!!!

P.S. sorry for the incredibly long rant, but hopefully it will help towards a more full gaming experience!
King_StuvartiniusIII
March 04, 2007 at 01:25 PM
"Please change Pisa, Genoa, The Crusaders ECT flags from the standard rebel one."
Just to clear that up i meant in the pope section of the faction overview, in the faction summary graphs and on the "end turn" thingy-mo-bob at the top (hope you know what I'm on about)
pouya
March 04, 2007 at 03:48 PM
hi i ve played as lit first of all when u start game u dont have any leader hair and any general at all and then u wont get any later could u fix that plz
WTFM-GzZ
March 05, 2007 at 11:35 AM
http://wtfm.exblog.jp/5251654/

i have play u r mod nice work
Gorgor
March 05, 2007 at 03:34 PM
great mod i took the time to test it and theseare the mistakes

-you cant see the HRE even with map info or playing as them
-units can move outside their "green zone"
-on the pope screen pisa cumans etc are shown with rebel banner, also when you see the turns passing.
-you cant play with a few faction even when you change the program files (this would be very interesting when you can play as them

those where the only mistakes i found if you can fix them and if you

-make a bit more bigger map with a fewmore regions so you can play as navarra and actually have a chance to win

if you do this for me and probably others to this will be one of the best mods available.
but for now its a very good mod and i love to play it especially good work you put in iberia i love to have such a long reqoncuista against the moors
Recon
March 06, 2007 at 01:01 PM
Great work really!

If you had re'skin'ed all units and added some more regions, then MTR and MA would have a serious competitor here.

(my humble advice though is not to use the skins already made, those I have seen are horrible in my opinion.. sry).